Wishes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffy

Reaction score
9 Ladies Stone Circle - Derbyshire, , United King
Forgive me if this has been posted before, but I have just read this elsewhere and thought how apt it was for our loved pets moving onto Rainbow Bridge.

Wishes

I wish I could have told you,
in words you'd understand,
I wanted you to stay with me.
This wasn't what I'd planned.

I wish somehow to tell you,
How empty I now feel.
A part of me went with you,
A part that time can't heal.

I wish I'd once more hear you,
as in the morning you would stir,
could hold you on my lap again
and stroke your lovely fur.

I wish that you could make me see
A way through all the pain,
and that I did not let you down
but set you free again.

I wish I had you back with me,
to fill this empty space.
But one day we'll be together
in a far, far better place

That would be good in the thread at the top of the forum 'To the ones we have loved and lost'.

maybe you could psot it there (I could post it, but it's nice if lots of people contribute).

Did you read it on RU?

It was my poem for Caspian.... I found the original online and altered it for rabbits andcreated the second to last verse just for him.

It fills me with tears wheneverI read it :(

Aw, Sooz, that's so touching... :tears2:

Thanks for sharing that, even tho you didn't really mean to. We're big supporters of RU here, so that's the likely source.

I hope this post clarifies the credit, we can also add an 'adapted by' on the original if you like.

So sorry for the loss that inspired it, tho.

sas :(

Oh no, I didn't mean that I was upset it had been copied after all I borrowed it from another persons inspiration.

I was just surprised to see it here thats all! I wonder where else its got to ;)

It will always be Caspians poem to me though, at lastI can finally read it without bursting into tears :(I hope it brings others the same comfort it has brought to me.

Sooz

Latest posts

Back