Wish Zoe/ Me Luck!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
Today, Iboughtcilantro and peppermint andwill start Emma and Zoe on a tiny amount of the mint tonight.

Assuming that she does okay on it, I estimate Emma moving on to the cilantro in less than a week's time. But since Zoe needs to be fed new stuff at a much slower pace (to determine if it'll cause her stasis), I anticipate Emma reaping all the benefits ofthis current batch of cilantro. :p

Jenk

Good luck to Zoe and Emma! I'm considering starting Tallulah on veggies too, she's 7 months old now and while she has a long history of intestinal issues, she hasn't had any for a good two weeks. I think I'm going to wait a bit longer though. Is cilantro a recommended "first" green?

Let us know how they do! Bo HATES mint! but loves the cilantro.

I bought fresh plants to grow for them this summer! :D

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Let us know how they do! Bo HATES mint! but loves the cilantro.

I bought fresh plants to grow for them this summer! :D
I chickened out yesterday and held off on the mint until this morning, when I gave each girl half a mint leaf.

Zoe's been gurgly-sounding over the past few days (on just timothy hay);hopefully the mint won't prove problematic. I don't dare test her on more than one thing per 2-4 wks; I must be certain if greens/ herbs in general exacerbate her digestive problems before I consider trying her on pellets again. Who knows? She may be one of those odd buns who actually does better on just hay and pellets.

Do you have a full-fledged garden in which you grow your bunnies' herbs? I don't have the time/ patience/ green thumb for growing things. :(

My kids grow vegetables for 4-H fair. We have a small garden and I give them things from it now and then over the summer. I hope the cilantro grows well but I am putting it in a pot. I think I am going to set up a tiny greenhouse in my laundryroom window and see how that works out. I think Bo would love me forever if he got cilantro daily! :p

Latest posts

Back