Wish me luck!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybunny11

Reaction score
I just recently was given a female mini rex doe to me by a friend. I think around 4 months ago I got her xD Ive bred her twice, with no luck, both times with a different male. So I bred her about 2 weeks ago and I'm hoping this breeding takes. Its odd though because my friend who gave her to me said she has never had a failed litter, I actually own one of her sons too. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong:? If she doesn't have this litter should I follow the "3 strikes your out" rule or try one more time in few weeks. I don't know if she is pregnant this time. Wish me luck though!

If she does not take i would breed her a couple more times. I have bred my REW lionhead doe 4 times and nothing. Im going to bred her agian soon. I had too breed my dutch girls 4-5 times before they would ever take.

Good Luck!

I wouldnt give up on her just yet, it a crazy time of the year esp. in Southern CA. (I'm in San Diego :) ) Its been crazy with the weather, hot then freezing and we are loosing daylight hours...where do you house your rabbits? Are they inside or outside? Mine are outside and I've had to put lights up where they are at to give the does more "daylight" time so they stay in the breeding mood. I believe they need 12-14 hours of daylight a day.

Good Luck! I hope she takes for you this time.

Mine are in shed with the lights on all the time. Its tricky breeding in the desert because its either too hot or too cold so there are certain times here that's about a month or two where breeding weather is perfect.

Good Luck! I've never had the problem with my dutch does taking, it's my mini rex and my holland lops that I've found tricky. But for me, right now I'm going to wait until the cold weather breaks in a month to try the mini rex girls and my older Holland girl.

Latest posts

Back