Wish he would molt...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilangelhotots

Reaction score
Beebo has some really bad sunburnbleaching of his coat on both sides of his hindquarter. I bought him like this nearly 3 months ago and I'm really wishing he would molt it out. What causes a rabbit to shed their coat? I guess if he doesn't he'll always be my chocolate/orange bunny.:p

Ah! Okay, thanks Sharon for the info. I bet he'll do it this fall, right before the shows of course. :biggrin2:

I read the title of this post and I was like "What?!? You are crazy!" I wish my rabbits would stop molting. There isfur everywhere! :panic:

A higher protein level in the feed will often times bring on a molt. When I first started raising rabbits I had a really nice black buck and decided that I should supplement his feed with Doc's rabbit enhancer. I followed the directions on the package and within two days he started molting. I talked to another breeder and they told me that it was the Doc's higher protein that brought on his molt.

Roger

Interesting, thanks Roger. I'll be getting a new brand of feed next week(I had no idea that a molt can be related to a diet change) so it will be perfect timing if he does deciede to molt now. We'll see. Thanks for the info guys!

Latest posts

Back