Winter In the Midwest.........

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
You just never know what you're going to get.

Isn't this a lovely "snowy" road?

sleetroadafter1hour.jpg

Actually, it's after about 1 hour of the SLEET storm that went on for 9 hours.

Here's just a bit on my deck

deckrail.jpg

Then we got freezing rain

FIREnICE.jpg

I gave up on the snow photos..... we had over an inch after the inch of sleet and freezing rain.......

Today it was sunny. All the frozen tree branches glistened......

Ewwwwww not that white fluffy stuff, ice and freezing rain. Nope it ain't coming my way.

Throws a temper tantrum kicking all over the place crying for spring please to come back.

Yeah, I know :(

I love snow for about 2 or 3 times in the winter. Then it gets really old.

Sleet like this - and imagine 9 hours of this stuff! like pouring rain! I can't get out and drive...... not a good thing!

Pretty, but yet not pretty. :?

By the time it got here, it was all freezing rain. Hours of freezing rain. You can imagine what we ended up with, powerlines and trees down etc. Somehow a tree was uprooted at our county fairgrounds. How that happened? We will never know!

Many people remain out of power and are told they may not get it back until Friday or Saturday (they have been out since Tuesday afternoon).

Luckily, I never lost power.

There is a 'big' snow storm coming tomorrow. We shall see how long that lasts!

I know - if we get that storm, we end up with a problem.

We have a 4H area event south of Indianapolis on Saturday morning. If we cannot get there, the kids cannot participate later in an event at Purdue they go to each year.

Lexi is giving me hate looks if I mention it.

We have gotten 316cm of now this winter and expecting another 25cm tonight... They have closed snow dumps. My father says he saw a fellow trucker (not from the same company) be burried under snow with his truck when an "avalanche" occurred at one of the sites. Scary :?Some municipalities are even refusing to clean sidewalks because they are out of space to dump the snow. In the headlines here, one woman bought her own snowplow to clean her street because it wasn't being cleaned for months and an ambulance could not have passed. The neighbors decided to pitch in and reimburse part of it since she did the whole street.

I hate ice rain, but it sure is beautiful. I hope you guys will stay safe and not lose power or anything like that :?

Edited cause I can't type as usual :p

Well, we aren't supposed to get the biggest part of the snow, but the place we are supposed to go tomorrow is in the big part of it.

I kinda wish we had the worst of it if we are going to end up not going.... at least the kids and dog would play in the snow.

My daughter has competed in a triva game and an actual test of horse knowledge for the past 2 years. This would be her third and my son's first. They have to go to an area meet (tomorrow is the last one and we always go to that one) to qualify to go to the state.

Lexi's team was 2nd in the State one year. It's like 4 players on each team and each have a buzzer. No one bothered getting the teams together last year or this... so we just go for the tests.

THEN she was 11 out of 64 and 15 out of 100 for the individual test those two years.

They have fun with it - which amazes me cause it's studying and hard work. They know how to judge (or try to know) 4 horses they are shown, they know individual little bones in the horse's body, hoof parts, colors, all that stuff....... anything horse!

It's been snowing for awhile now. All the southern Indiana schools are closing - near where we need to go actually...... :?

I think we are going to be house bound for 3 days. The northeast Ohio snow machine started this morning and is expected to keep running through Sunday. Local forecasters say this is the storm of the winter coming. They are predicting up to 2 feet - yes 2 feet - of snow where I live.

I did my bunny greens shopping and cat food shopping yesterday. The snow plow is already making it's way around.

Ok Missouri take all that snow back NOW. I am so sick of it. I just shoveled our drive way and the walk since the snow just stopped. We got 2 inches already since it started at 1pm with all snow. Gahhhhhhhhhh

We are getting anywhere from 5 to 9 inches.

Latest posts

Back