winnie had a panic attack?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
no clue if this goes here. . .if it doesn't, mods- feel free to move it!

i was just laying in bed, and i hear this racked from the bunny room. . .i was honestly like 'okay herman, no what did you do"

but when i went in their herman was just sitting there, winnie was racing around frantic.

i picked her up, after a few attempts with her dashing away from me,and she was shaking and her heart was pounding so hard that i could hear it. . . i was petrified she was going to have a heart attack right there in my arms.

i cuddled her in my arms for like 15 minutes just petting her and talking to her untill finally she calmed down. . . i then put her down and she dashed to cuddle up to herman. . .

there was nothing that i could see in the room that would indicate her being afraid. . .it was just herman. . .do you think a bug could have bite her or simply scared her? besides winnie and herman, i am the only live thing in the upstairs right now. . .my mom, the cats, and the dog are all downstairs. . .and i was just sitting emailing, so i didn't make any loud noise. . .

it was scary, winnie is just a calm rabbit. . .besides her bunny 500's she really doesn't use that much energy. . .

I've had this happen with rabbits before. One REW fuzzy lop (about 3 months old) did it right in front of me one day.It was really scary to witness. I did the same as you, cuddle her until she calmed down. I've seen a friends rabbit do that and run straight across the cage andhurt itselfseverly byhitting the wire. It was horrible. I saw nothing that I thought would panic either of these rabbits- but they must have sensed something I couldn't.

I am glad Winnie was ok.

Fey and Sprite did that to me once.They were fine, then suddenly one spooked and took off, which scared the other one. They ran so fast into their pen that they were slipping and crashing all over. I couldn't even walk into the room without causing another panic for several hours, so I had to just leave the door open. There was nothing that could have possibly scared them. No noises, no sudden movements, nothing.

I'm glad she's okay. I was so worried the Fey and Sprite might have hurt themselves and they wouldn't let me near them.

well, she hasn't done it again. . .it scared the life out of me, simply how fast and hard her heart was beating. . .

Glad she's ok. :D

I know what you mean though. I was in the bathroom once getting ready and I hear this loud, thrashing. The bun was fine (both BunBun used to do it and Snuffles has done it). I wonder if they scare themselves sometimes?

I can be sitting here, it's quiet as can be and one will start thumping. I will softly say their name and say stop it. Eventually they quit, it's strange.

I have wondered too if they can maybe see spirits, stuff we can't and that scares them into a panic. :dunno:

I'm much more inclined to think that they often get frightened by things they hear - all kinds of stuff that our ears will never hear. (Normal sounds, but completely out of the range of human hearing, that is.)

I agree with ec..because they are prey animals they are on "high alert" all the time..they are tuned into noises and movement that we would not even notice. Sometimes my whole room has the domino effect. One bunny freaks and then the whole room ( of6)freaks too .

Latest posts

Back