William

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
LastThurs my 15 yr old cat, William ate his last meal. On Fri Am he was very lethargic and would not eat. I did not worry about this too much until that night as it is very un usual for him to turn downmore than 1 meal. He ate a very small amount on Sat AM which made me decide to wait to take him to the vet.

Of Course the eating did not continue and becauseI know about fatty liver disease I took him in as an emergency on Sun am. His blood work indicated a high bilirubin level which suggested pancreatitis so the vet wanted to do an ultrasound on Mon. I had to force feed him baby food on Sun.

The ultrasound showed a thickening in his bowel which suggested lymphosarcoma and he also appeared to have pancreatitis. he was hospitalized and put on Ivs and force feeding . he had terrible diarrhea and still would not eat on his own ;they finally placed a feeding tube in his esophagus

I have been a total emotional wreck. :(

His condition did not improve despite treatment and this AM the vet decided to treat him for the lymposarcoma rather than continue witha regime that was not working.

Steroids isan effective method to treat lymphosarcoma in cats and actually can put this type of cancer in remission but if the pancreatits was still a raging infection she told me thatsteroids would make his condition deteriorate further.
We decided to do the steroids ( Hail Mary call ) and if his condition declined further we would PTS.

I am so lucky and so happy tonight :Dthat the steroids seem to be turning his condition around. He is a lot better tonight and actually ate somefood on his own.
if he continues to improve I may be able to bring him home with the feeding tube and nurse him backto health here

Doany of you remember when Beau had an eye infection that would not respond to any antibiotic ? I finally ( after weeks) took him to a vet near Madison and the vet handed me Chlorampenical opthalmic salve which totally and miraculouslycleared up his eye infection.

Tonight I feel like I did whenI realized that Beau's eye was getting better

I guess thatI should be cautiously optimistic as he is still not out of the woods butI wanted to let you guys know why I disappeared suddenly from the forum.

Everyone on here knows what it is like to be worrying about a very sick pet...
AnywayI will be back when things calm down a bit with him
Hopefully soon.
Maureen

:pray: for William, and :hug: for you. I'm thinking of you both.

(* If it does turn out to be fatty liver disease (hepatic lipadosis (?)), I've beaten it with my Sigmund cat. Syringe feeding 3-4 times daily, because I couldn't afford the gigantic vet bill. Let me know if this turns out to be the issue, and I'll help as best I can :hug:)

Poor baby! Nothing but positive thoughts headed your way. I hope everything turns out for the better!:pray:

William came home yesterdy with meds; he still has a feeding tube in his esophagus so I supplement the meals that he takes orally. he is doing a lot better :)

I'm sorry to hear about William...but i'm happy to hear that he is home and doing well..

Latest posts

Back