Will you notice a different post spay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenity

Reaction score
Just wondering is Zoie is going to be calmer when she heals, or will she have the same personality? Shes doing amazing by the way! Monday will be one week since she got spayed, and she is healing up quite nicely.

I'm not sure about does, but for bucks after a neuter it can take 6-8 weeks to fully purge their hormones, so it could easily be similar for a doe, so over time I would expect you to see a difference, but it won't be an immediate change, more gradual I would think.

In our buck i noticed great changes re territorial spraying and pooping and hes always been relaxed but is even more so.

Our Doe was spayed prob same time as yours she is healing well physically but she seems to be eating less and has lost weight. She too has gone from a shy stand off bunny to being able to be petted. She seems to be wanting lots of alone time so we have made some space in her cage so she can get away fromother bunnies.

Best of luck with your bun i bet in a few weeks we will be singing the praises of a desexed bun.:)

I've only had one bun, so have only seen this once, but the difference was fairly dramatic. My Nibbles was spayed a couple of weeks before I adopted her - she must have been a little terror before the op! She's never displayed any sexual behaviors (mounting, circling, etc.) but she was a fairly wild digger/shredder and quite nippy. I'm guessing on the time frame, but it seems to me that it took about 3 months for her hormones to settle down, and about five months after that for her to go from "teen" to full adulthood.

I think she's much friendlier now - she certainly loves to be petted! - and isn't nippy anymore. She's also not as much of a digger, though I miss that, really, as she generally stuck to grass mats and other easily shreddable toys. (She used to get against me when I was lying down on the floor and dig away, cuddling with me *and* digging at the same time.) and her litterbox habits are incredible now.

In all, she's got a great personality, still quite cheeky, but in a much more controlled way than right after her spay. She also seeks out cuddling time, though I'm required to get on the floor for that. ;)

launch.png

Thanks for the responces!!! Bunny Mum I hope your little girl starts to eat more :pray:and feels better soon!

Thanks serenity, me too she is awful strange at the moment very unsocial and anti social, tipping her litter box upside done and kicking stuff everywhere, i thought she was over all that stuff.

Have booked her in to the vet tomorrowarvo so will keep you posted

But what you're describing (here and in your other thread) is no normal post-spay behavior. Your rabbit should not be acting this way, or losing weight - somethng is clearly wrong, but only a bunny-savvy vet can help you find out what that is, and treat it.

Please seriously consider getting a second opinion from a good vet. I'm really concerned that you're going to lose her if this keeps on much longer.

Hmmm EC i agree. She has lost 500 grams no temperature no sign of internal bleeding. She is on antibiotics now and i will be weighing her daily too make sure shes not losing any more weight.:(

Well there was a huge change in my bunnies after they reached sexual maturity, basically they fought, humped and even attacked humans occasionally. I had to seperate them from each other although they used to live together. After spaying both everything went back to normal and I moved them back into 1 cage. Mine didnt take more than4 days to recover from their spays. Hope your bunny feels better soon.

Latest posts

Back