Will you critique my new Dutch ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PL-Reef

Reaction score
After a handful of e-mails and a two hour one way truck ride, I got the pleasure of buying my twofirstregistered Dutch!

The first is "Twix". Atwo year old Chocolate Doe. The other is "Woody". Hes a 2 year old Steel Buck. Please give me your honest opinion's on them. I'm not "thin skinned" so don't worry about hurting my feeling or anything else. I plan on showing them this spring. So the more I know, the better! :)

Twix.

dutchpair008.jpg

dutchpair006.jpg

dutchpair009.jpg

Woody.

dutchpair011.jpg

dutchpair013.jpg

dutchpair012.jpg

I know it looks like the Bucks blaze is messed up, buthewas sprayed by another buck in the cage next to him. It actually goes up to a nice point, just matted down with pee right now.

they're both really nice. I especially like the doe. The buck is too bunched up in his pose though. good luck with them!

I like the doe. :) Very cute!

Woody's butterfly marking is messed up though. Its kind of crooked and it skips a bit then goes white again...I think that might be called a drag or something. And like she said above,he needs to be posed correctly. His butt is way tucked in.

The chocolate doe is very nice. Nice color, markings (can't see the stops or the undercut though), nice head, type, and depth. Her ears are a tad on the long side though. From what I can see in the pictures she is a very nice dutch. Is she registered? I don't mean pedigreed...

The buck is lacking in depth. I think even if he was set up properly he still would be lacking in depth. Nice head and ears on him, markings from the view we get look decent. Can't see the undercut or the other stop. Nice color. I like that he has even ticking throughout his coat. I would like to see a better picture of him set up properly because in these pictures he looks a bit hippy.

Overall, NICE DUTCH!!! Now you just need to show them. I will be sending you details of some upcoming shows in your email soon. Have to get the dates together.

Sharon

Thanks everyone for your opinion's. Keep them coming!
I'll try to get the buck blaze washed up and take some better pics.
They are both registered and came with full Pedigrees. Though I have to transfer the registrations to my name.

I'm looking foward to my first show!!

wooly_queen wrote:
I like the doe. :) Very cute!

Woody's butterfly marking is messed up though. Its kind of crooked and it skips a bit then goes white again...I think that might be called a drag or something. And like she said above,he needs to be posed correctly. His butt is way tucked in.

The white "spot" would just be considered part of the hairline from the blaze to the neck marking, so is not a DQ. There is no butterfly marking on the Dutch.

They both look very nice from the photos. Are are the undercuts and stops? The photos also don't show the neck markings, an where colored spots occasionally hide.

Pam

yes the undercut is the belly. you want that to stay straight, same with teh white on the back feet, straight even markings. the doe does look better than the buck(Other than I like steels more than chocolates, love that ticking)

His cheeks do look *wierd* to me. He might have a bit of a wave in his saddle(White over top of his back)that should also stay straight.

I love her markings, she's gorgeous.
Do tell us how well both do show. Sharon's got a VERY nice steel doe if she'd show a picture of her(Cobleskill 09 show is where I saw her)

Latest posts

Back