Will this damage their liver?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gussy

Reaction score
I've just noticed that vanilla extract contains 35% alcohol. From people's recommendation of adding a few drops in the water to reduce the odor of the urine...won't the alcohol damage their liver?

I think the alcohol is so diluted that it doesn't make any difference. I mean - I used to use maybe 4 or 5 drops of alcohol per 16 ounce bottle of water.

Peg

That's what I thought at first, but I noticed that is says 35%. I mean...I get tipsy on wine that is over15% alcohol. What I could probably try is chug a mouthful. If I get drunk with just a mouthful...

I think it should be fine. If youre worried about it then try something other than vanilla, like a little juice or something. But I think its fine.

If you don't want to give your rabbit flavoring with alcohol there are vanilla extracts and flavoring with no alcohol.Shop around. Go to a health food place if you need to.

Just thinking that the alcohol content may evaporate when exposed to air and diluted too.

Latest posts

Back