Will moving to a new house affect litter training?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mardigraskisses

Reaction score
So, I'm moving in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone has ever moved with their rabbits? Will Bayou go through the process of... erm, remarking his territory again?

I haven't gotten him neutered yet, but he's still using his box the way he should (knock on wood).

When we moved we took their litter boxes "as is" from their old home and place them in their new room. Since they still carried their scent we had no problems.

It can affect them, it depends on the rabbit really. I would think, being unneutered, he will need to make his territory, yes.

As mank as it sounds I would suggest taking a 'full' and 'used' litter tray to the new house so that he knows exactly where he should go.

my guys were spayed and nuetered and anytime i would rearrange the living room and move thier cage they would go around marking with poo and sometimes a wee spot here and there, usually got better after a few days. My one guinea pig would mount his cage mate every single time i would move the cage like a mad man for about two days,lol.

Latest posts

Back