Wild Mushrooms

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSAR

Reaction score
There are a lot of wild mushrooms in my backyard, and there were some in the buns' exercise pens yesterday. My sister and I moved the play pens so the bunnies couldn't get to the mushrooms. We kicked the mushrooms too, so they would be dead.

But I was just wondering if bunnies can have them, since wild rabbits probably eat them too. I know that pet rabbits have a sort of different diet as wild rabbits, but its mostly the same. So are they ok?

Certain mushrooms are known to be toxic to rabbits. Wild ones could have insects in them. There isn't any reason to feed them mushrooms, they don't much nutritional value. My opinion is it's not worth the risk. :)

Yes, I agree with Happi Bun. Some mushrooms are probably alright for them, but I don't know which are which. And I'm not very educated on mushrooms. So I wouldn't let them eat any wild ones.

Thanks for replying. I didn't give them any but I just wanted to see in case they did get into them on accident.

I wish I could get some more replies from more experienced mushroom/bunneh people. lol

Latest posts

Back