Wide open spaces?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixiesowner

Reaction score
Well, We have some problems withletting Trixie out loose. Here they are:

Taking 100 Centuries to Catch her
Her ESCAPING THE BACK YARD AND GOING OUT FRONT> Mom's fault :X
Her getting stressed and freaked out when we're trying to catch her
Poisenous plants AND all plants covered in pestisides. LOTS OF PLANTS
Places where my dog is let out and urinates
Sharp and unsafe areas and a pool

Dispite all of this my mom and dad STILL let her outside loose:Sometimes unattended! I told them not to and they STILL DO IT WITHOUTASKING! My rabbit was out loose for two hours this morning unattendedin an area with sharp tools because of my mom and dad before I woke up.

WHAT should I do to stop this? :X

Mabe you could put him inside the house in your room, and let him out when you want him to come out....

I would also caution them the rabbit is in dangerfrom hawks,cats,racoons,coyotes even if your yard is fenced unless ithas a top hawks and cats may get in .also the rabbit will tunnel undera fence given enough time.bluebird

Put yer foot down!! Just tell them to stop, your rabbit should not be left unatended unless he/she is completely safe.

Just tell them, he/she is not a wild rabbit and will not see dangers before her as she will be more curious, trust me.

My Starsky once 'Binkied' right into our glass door, nearly knocking her self out.

If they are left out and and aloud to do whatever theylike, THEY WILL!!

Bunny_Mad wrote:
If they are left out and and aloud to do whatever theylike, THEY WILL!!

Cannot vouch for all rabbits everywhere, but our outside free rangingrabbits never traveled terribly far if given the opportunity to escapefrom our fenced in yard. They were usually foundsomewhere in the front yard, by us or the neighbors on those occasionswe were not at home.

First place to look is nearby. They are not venturesome creatures by nature.

Buck

I agree. All our "escapees" were no farther than the neighbor's yard--but, boy was I scared!!!

Bunbun would just sit in the neighbor's yard and eat with the squirrels. And come running when I called.

The grass is always greener, they say.....:p

Rose

trixiesowner wrote:
Taking 100 Centuries to Catch her

We often experience difficulty capturing our free ranging rabbits inour back yard when we want to put them in their hutches for theevening. In those circumstances, I use a crab net, whichlooks like a fisherman's net on a long pole. It makes it mucheasier. Can be purchased at most deep sea fishermen supplystores and some sporting goods stores.

Another good item is a bias board, or, as we call it, a "pig board"because we first saw it used at an animal auction to cut out pigs froma herd for viewing and/or to prevent fighting. Nothing morethan a rectangular piece of plywood with cut outs for hand holds, whichis used to cut off the animals vision and/or escape route.

For rabbits, we use a 4' x 2' piece of cardboard(plywood unnecessary)with hand holds cut out along one long side. We then "shoo"the rabbit with this board into a corner of the yard, or stop it fromrunning into an area by placing the board as a barrier, until we areable to pick it up

Buck

wow that would make me sooooooooooo mad my firstbunny (whodinni) escaped all the time and i cought him everytime exceptone day he bacame to fast and we never cought him. i would tell yourparent leave my bunny alone dont let it out or you will pay the billswhen something happens . its your bunny and your responsibilty nottheirs so they should respect your wishes

sara

good luck

Latest posts

Back