"Why?"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLove89

Reaction score
My name is Leno and I am 2 years old. I wish that I could say that I have had a very good life, but I can't. And I wish I could say that I will have many years ahead to make up for it, but that's not true either.
When I was a puppy I was found abandoned in the woods with my dad and brother. I was taken to a shelter where for some reason that I don't know, I was put on the kill list. I don't know what I did, but I promised I would be good if I was given one more chance. Soon I was rescued. I was so happy. I lived with a man and his "fiance" and life was really good. I had alot of toys and my mommy and daddy loved me and played with me. Mommy and daddy fought alot though, and that scared me so I started biting daddy when he would be mean. One day, daddy really hurt mommy and he went away. My mommy decided to leave and she couldn't take me with, so I went to live with my auntie. She was really nice and loved me lots. But she already had lots of pets and so I had to live in a small room until my daddy came back and could take care of me again.
A little while later, my mommy came back too. Things were good for awhile, but then daddy started being mean again and mommy left for good. A few days later, daddy moved in with his new girlfriend and left me. I kept waiting for him to come get me, but he never did. He would come back every few days and leave food out and move out his furniture. Each time he walked out, I told myself that next time he would move me out too. He never did, and eventually he stopped coming back. The neighbors called and complained that I was barking. Some people came in the apartment and saw that I had not been fed or given water in over a week. They saw that I was so hungry that I had started eating the furniture that was left behind.
No one can find my daddy, so they called my auntie's mommy. She told them to call "animal control" and have them take me. I know i'll get put back on the kill list, but I think I deserve it. I asked for one more chance to prove that I was good. If I was good, maybe daddy would have stayed. I'm not scared. I'm just relieved I won't have to starve to death. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough...:sad:"

This is a true story. The "auntie" is me. Leno was my brother's dog. I am so sad that this happened, and that there is nothing I can do...

I'm so sorry, Leno. I'll always love you.
imagejpeg_2_29-1-1.jpg

I'm sorry, Leno. But a death at a shelter would be a good death compared with starving to death. You are a good dog & don't deserve this.

Latest posts

Back