Why is there blood in my rabbits cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloe-Paige

Reaction score
hello everyone, so about a week ago I went to go feed my rabbit in the morning and there was blood on the cage floor and you could see that there was paw prints in blood. But he was acting as he usually does jumping round and running later that day I got my dad to hold him (as he doesn’t let anyone else pick him up) so that I could check if he cut is paws or anywhere else but there was no blood and he still had all of his nails, because he wasn’t acting any differently I decided not to take him to a vet since then he has been fine but this morning I found little drops of blood in his cage again please can someone help me, does anyone know what might be causing this I would really appreciate it,
thankyou.

Is it actual bright red blood or could it be reddish/orangish urine, or do the drops of blood happen to be surrounded by urine, or if dried have a ring of urine surrounding the drop of blood? If it's absolutely not urine, check all of the feet and nails carefully. A broken nail would be the most likely cause. And check for any wounds around the face and ears. Is he still eating, drinking, pooping, and behaving normally otherwise?

Latest posts

Back