Why does she do that?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
Well sometimes when I pick Fluffball up or if she's on a chair and I bend down she always jumps on me and climb up to my shoulder, when I was trying to weigh her today she did it but I was standing up and she flipped over and hit the table. :(

I hope (if she's pregnant) that she hasnt harmed the babies or herself.
Why does she do that?

It's probably that she's scared, rabbits get scared easily because they think everything is going to eat them, in the wild they are just above grass on the food chain.

Hmmm, I'm not sure then, it's usually what my rabbits do if they are feeling scared and vunerable.

My Teresa does it all the time. Instead of a shoulder parrot I have a shoulder bunny.

She just wants to be where she wants to be.

I have had her on the desk. She will jump down to my lap climb until she is on my shoulder. Sometimes she will jump on my back than on the back of the chair than to the other chair.

Awwh okay then :)
It is quite sweet when she snuffles in my ear!

My Nibbles does this, too - she loves being up high so that she can investigate things that she can't normally see from the floor or sofa. Sometimes I think she tries it because she would rather position herself on my shoulder as opposed to my picking her up and carrying her - this way she can be in control of the process. ;)

Like jadeicing, I think you've got an adventurous bun!

My guys usually scramble up when they feel they don't have a good grip, so I would just hold her more firmly and she should be fine. Try holding her lower and firmly against you so she can't scramble up and try the Kamikaze bunny again! The firmer your grip, seems to make them more relaxed since they don't feel they have to escape or feel like they are falling.

Yep. Whenever Bo is at the vet's office he will leap to me. He always has done that when he's nervous or scared.

He will also do it when someone is holding him and he sees me close enough to land on. The other day, one of the kids was carrying him and walked by me in the recliner. I looked up, just in time to have a brown furry bunny land on my face..... too bad they have claws.... it kinda hurt!

No matter how tight you hold some of mine they will squirm and scramble up to my shoulder. Teresa is just the worst culprit.

Chalk does the exact same thing! If I hold her she will postiion herself sat on my chest, bum in my face and she will loaf there. But then she'll start wiggling backwards, and get further up until she's sat on my shoulder! It's about then I walk over to the sofa very carefully and lower down so she can hop off lol. It's only if you pick her up when she's half asleep that she'll stay still ;)

If I sit on the floor with them, either Mouse or Chalk are bound to hop onto my shoulders, a la the picture below in my signature lol! :p

If Neil or I get on the floor or within hopping height, it's guaranteed that Charlie will jump on our backs and climb up to our shoulders where he just sits and chills out. *shrug* He just likes it up there - good view maybe.

:)

Just be careful when she jumps up onto your shoulder, make sure you have a good grip on her so that she doesn't fall off - stay low to the ground if she climbs up, or just don't allow her to climb up on your shoulder if you're not able to hang on to her in that position.

Latest posts

Back