Where'd my little boy go?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxMontanaxX

Reaction score
Well, now that Macey and Keiran are bonded, Keiran has been ignoring me.

He use to be up my butt, following me everywhere, and when I bend down, he put his head down and shoved it under my hand for nose rubs.

Now, he comes and sees me, but won't follow me. He won't let me rub his nose anymore very much. And I was holding him today to let him play in the yard, he was grunting at me? He never grunted at me before.

I kinda expected him to be a little less friendly, but not this much...

Should I just deal with this, or can I give us alone bonding time?Would it help any? Give me tips!

Macey acts the same though, she loves her new man but still needs me. ;)

Thanks for the help~

Aww sorry there's been a change in him. :(

Though, aren't unneutered young males always very affectionate? And once they are neutered and get older it leaves them a bit? I've only read that though, never had a boy bunny, myself, but that perhaps is contributing to it too.

I see no harm in some you and him time, I hope it helps! :)

I'm so sorry...my huge apologies ahead of time...but...

Can you refresh my memory a little? Is he neutered? How old is he? How long have they been bonded?

One thing I'll add...I haven't seen much change in how much Fiver needs me since he's been neutered...but Fiver's got a huge need for love anyway, so I don't know how much "at face value" you can take that. He's the only bun thus far that I've had neutered. My other boys are quite "taken" with me, too, but who knows what they'll be like once they're neutered. I don't forsee much change in Teeny once he's neutered, simply because of his personality...I just don't see that happening.

I wish I had lots of information and ideas to give you, but the answers to those questions should also help others give proper input.

Hugs! It's not easy when a bun pulls away...:(

Rosie*

I believe Keiran is neutered and now that he is bonded to Macey...she is his main girl :?. I have heard that bunnies that were super bonded to their human and then were bonded to another bunny, unbonded themselves to their human a little bit.

It's tough, but just hang out with the pair a whole ton and try to bond yourself in the mix :p.

I think it's mostly to do with being neutered. Bruno was the most clingy, puppy eyed silly boy before he was neutered, followed me around, chased after me, adored every second of me like Keiran. Then after his neuter all the the sudden he lost the needyness and clingyness. He still loves attention, but now that he doesn't see me as someone to mate with (those dang hormones!) he isn't as reliant on me.

Bruno kept his naturally playful puppy like self, and I actually created a stronger bond through Poppy with bonding. They are both very attached to each other, but still love mommy time together. I think some bunnies are just more "Bunny bunnies" than "People bunnies".

Silly Keiran! Intact bucks are the best, but neutering is for their own good ;).

Weird, Marlin was neutered in December and he is still clingy and licky to me. Brody was never clingy, but now he looooves my attention after being neutered.

I guess all bunno's are different :p.

I know how you feel :(.

I had Phinn for over a year before we got Cleo, and we were sssoo close. He litterally came with me everywhere. My parents had to remind me to put him in the cage so he could go to the bathroom!

Now that we have Cleo, he doesn't pay much attention to me. I know we'll always have a special bond, but it isn't the same. I try and have some one-on-one time with him every once in a while, and it helps.

I would never regret getting Cleo, it was defenitly the best thing for both of them :).

I'm sorry that happened, that is rough to go through I bet. :(

Nemo was more defiant and mean before he was neutered. About a week or so after he had 'em chopped off, suddenly he was letting me pet him and not running from my hands, he was using the litterbox more often (although he still teeters with it now), and he was following me all over the house (especially to the kitchen!).

Nemo has and will probably be (at least for awhile) an only bunner anyway. In the meantime, I'm his main squeeze I guess. Sometimes he is so clingy I actually get frustrated when he is out of his pen because I constantly have to watch the floor for darting and dashing bunny, haha. But typically, he is my little baby boy, and he is just a very loving soul.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it's the other female, and try to bond yourself more to BOTH of them, not just him. :)

Tracy

Spring wrote:
Oh yeah, for sure!

I swear, Marlin is too perfect to be real! :inlove:

He is! I can do anything to him. Flip him on his back, rub every part of his body (he loves his belly rubbed!), open his mouth, clip his nails, brush him, carry him around. I honestly think it was because I got him when he was 6 weeks old and I was able to do all that to him every day, so I really imprinted him.

Montana...you know how guys are. When they meet a pretty girl, they ignore the rest of the world :p.

Amy that's EXACTLY how Nemo is. Yesterday we had him out in the yard playing with me, my friend Jake, and my other friend Krista. Jake was chasing him with small sticks and playing with him like tickling him with leaves and stuff and Nemo was playing hide and seek with him! I've NEVER seen a bunny binky the way Nemo was binkying. Flipping, flying, some of the HIGHEST jumps I've ever seen...

It was AMAZING!

Tracy

I don't know. Thumper was always very affectionate both before and after his neuter. In fact, he still is even though he is bonded with Peaches. He still follows me and wants to spend one on one time with me. I think it just the personality of the bun.

Peaches and I never really had the chance to bond. She does come looking for pets every once in a while. Just hang in there. Buns will be buns.

Thank you guys for all your replies and help.

Maceystill wants me to give her attention when shes around, pretty much ignoring Keiran, haha. She's a mommy's girl forever and always. :)

I'll work on spending even more time with the both of them...hopefully it will help.

Latest posts

Back