Where to buy Revolution?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlebun

Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve mentioned before that my rabbit probably has mites. At first I suspected ear mites but I think she may have fur mites as she’s got flakes all over her neck area and she’s scratching too. I live in Pakistan and I only have access to injectable ivermectin. As it can easily cause side affects. Where can I buy Revolution online? I have family in the USA and UK. I could easily ship it to them but websites in the USA want prescription and they won’t accept my local vets prescription. Is there any where I can get it OTC? Please please help me

Ivermectin is generally considered safe for rabbits. Yes it's possible for a negative reaction to occur, particularly with Dutch rabbit genetics and Blue Eyed White, but it's rare it happens with most rabbits when it's dosed correctly. If your rabbit isn't those breeds, I wouldn't worry too much about using it.

I've used the injectable ivermectin, but just give it orally. Dose is 0.4mg/kg for at least 3 treatments 10-14 days apart. If the solution is 1% (10mg/ml), the amount given is 0.04ml/kg, less than 1/10th an ml/cc, a very very small amount. This is my own calculation, it's best to check with your vet and/or double check all calculations on your own.

(Mite treatment info)
Medirabbit: ear mites

If you still would rather try Revolution/Stronghold- selamectin (dosed at 18mg/kg for rabbits), the US and UK both require a prescription, but I don't think Australia does. There are some sites that ship worldwide. There's some discussion on this chat thread below, about others ordering internationally. But I can't say anything to how legit or reliable the two sites mentioned in the thread are, so that's something you'll want to research yourself.

Reddit discussion

https://www.vgr1.com/revolution/

Ivermectin is generally considered safe for rabbits. Yes it's possible for a negative reaction to occur, particularly with Dutch rabbit genetics and Blue Eyed White, but it's rare it happens with most rabbits when it's dosed correctly. If your rabbit isn't those breeds, I wouldn't worry too much about using it.

I've used the injectable ivermectin, but just give it orally. Dose is 0.4mg/kg for at least 3 treatments 10-14 days apart. If the solution is 1% (10mg/ml), the amount given is 0.04ml/kg, less than 1/10th an ml/cc, a very very small amount. This is my own calculation, it's best to check with your vet and/or double check all calculations on your own.

(Mite treatment info)
Medirabbit: ear mites

If you still would rather try Revolution/Stronghold- selamectin (dosed at 18mg/kg for rabbits), the US and UK both require a prescription, but I don't think Australia does. There are some sites that ship worldwide. There's some discussion on this chat thread below, about others ordering internationally. But I can't say anything to how legit or reliable the two sites mentioned in the thread are, so that's something you'll want to research yourself.

Reddit discussion

https://www.vgr1.com/revolution/
Thank you for your response! If I give ivermectin orally won’t it be very bitter?

I’m trying to get this from Australia via a friend. I need to know, how long will one box last me? It says once a month, so is that once a month for 3 months? Or is it just once and then I’m good to go? And would I apply the entire vial? My bunny is like 1.8lbs in weight.

Attachments

• IMG_0371.jpeg
    IMG_0371.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 0
Ivermectin tastes like medicine, so not great I imagine. I just follow up with a treat to wash it down.

Rabbits can metabolize medications faster than dogs and cats, so they usually need a higher dose to obtain the needed therapeutic effect. With Revolution, the recommended dose for treating mites with rabbits, is usually around 15-18mg/kg, but certainly not less than 12mg/kg. That would be at least double to triple what is the normal application for cats/dogs of the same size.

If you read the link on Revolution for rabbits, it goes through the recommended dose for the topical spot on application, based on the literature and studies that were done.

A 1.8lb rabbit would need approximately 15mg of selamectin. The kitten box has 15mg of selamectin per vial, so each vial will provide one treatment. Usually only one application of Revolution is needed. But for a more severe case, or to be absolutely sure it's cleared up and won't return, 2-3 applications 2-4 weeks apart, can be done. If it was me, I would give a second application at 2 weeks.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Mites
  • Selamectin (Revoluation, Stronghold): topically every 2-4 weeks for 2-3 treatments.[8]
If in doubt and your vet is at all knowledgeable about rabbits, contact your vet for the correct dosing and application instructions.

Latest posts

Back