Where do your rabbits live?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
outside life isn't an option for my bunnies, since I live in south texas - temps over 80F put bunnies at risk for heatstroke and it likes to hit 100F+ here in the summer ><

I like 'em indoors anyway, since every time I walk through the house for whatever reason, I can stop by and say hello. the living room is now the bunnies' room, hehe.

right now they're in a standard-size pet store cage that's got two playpens around it (connected to make one big one) with a waterproof 8'x10' tarp under all of it. I never shut the side door to the cage unless I'm packing up the playpens to take them outside (VERY early in the morning, it's actually not too hot for them), which also allows me to do some quick tidying-up of their cage/living area. I'm in the middle of building a NIC condo, which I'll attach to their run.

My 2 bunnies currently share a devided 3.5x2x2 pannel NIC cage in my living room. Once they are bonded I will take the devidor out and add a shelf the length of the cage. I do not have the option of tanking them outside. I live in a 2nd floor apt. The complex sprays everything for buggs, you name it every week or two so I can not even get grass for them to eat. They get to run around my kitchen each night for at least 1.5 hrs.

I would feel so terrible if i kept any animal outside :(
ALL my pets, 3 rats, 1 chinchilla, 1 rabbit all live in the house, they have the entire living room, yes my pets have the living room, while me and my BF only have a room lol

well, the thing is im a jewelry designer, and currently working on my makeup/polish line, i needed the biggest room in out app, for all my stuff when i moved in with my boyfriend, so lets just say, out living room is not a normal living room, half is the animals area, the other half is my workshop.

2rqh6jk.jpg

This is pikachu's cage.
There's a few things i need to add, ill be replacing the cardboard floor with plywood adding tiles.
All levels will have carpet.

(ugh cant wait till payday)
Im going for a "retro" NIC style cage, tiles will be checkered, and all toys/accessories will be pink :)
All the extra colors in here will be changed, cant wait till its complete

Ollie has the run of my apartment (besides my room & bathroom) when I'm home & when I am not home she has the run of my room and I put her cage in there. When I sleep at night she sleeps underneath my bed ( she loves it there) and I leave the door to my bedroom open so she can get to her cage if she has to go to the bathroom. She is really well litter trained and she is also well behaved and calm so I give her a lot of freedom

When I first got Cleo she went in with my guinea pigs in this pen.

cleospen.jpg

She had run of the house whenever we were home and she loved running up and down the stairs. Then she grew a little and worked out that she could get over the top of the pen. When we were moving house she ended up in the spare bedroom and decided she liked having a whole room better (typical) And fortunately our new place had an extra bedroom. We have carpet here but she has become so good with her litter training that she hasn't ruined the carpets at all. I just hope our new lop Bambi learns quickly! She still has run of the house when we are home.

Our livingroom /diningroom is 40' by 12' and open so Melody is always in the middle of everything. He has a 4'x4' puppy pen with a small dog house and his hay and litter boxes in there. When I am home he has free run of the house unless I let the fosters out to play. Magnum and Petals each have their own cage in my kitchen.

Timmy used to live in a 2x2x6 NIC cage (half of that was Fiona's when we had her and after we euthanized her Timmy's cage space just doubled.)
When I moved back to CA but an our away from home for vet school Timmy came with me. Tricky part is he has to stay in my room so he spends the day while I'm gone and the night while I'm asleep in a pet store cage but gets the run of my room whenever I'm home.

Latest posts

Back