When to begin a flea protection program.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexah

Reaction score
This is coming up today since our dogs went to the vet for their yearly heartworm tests and to get prescriptions for flea and tick protection for the year. We're going to begin flea treatment on the dogs in a couple of weeks, but I'd like to know when it's best to start on my rabbits. And, for those of you who don't know, I live in northeastern Ohio and we're just barely hitting mid-60's weather wise with our nights still in the middle to upper 40's.

I'm planning on asking my vet for Revolution this year for the bunnies. While they're strictly indoor rabbits, we do have the dogs and I absolutely don't want a flea infestation on my hands. When should I begin a flea protection regimine (sp)?

I've not noticed anything on the dogs or the rabbits, but if you know me you'll know how much I dread fleas and I'd literally lose sleep for weeks if we got them. A little obsessive, I know...that's why I'm asking for advice on this one.

;).

I'd say just start the rabbits when you start the dogs. It's easier to remember that way. And if it's early enough for your dog to be getting fleas, it's early enough for the rabbits to get fleas from the dogs.

I start everyone at the same time :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back