when Hershey's

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea, but this video ("Howard's Big Dig") might give you some idea... ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycQIiA7dnKQ[/ame]

They're probably plotting a race in Beijing for the Olympics..... diggin' to China..... I remember doing that as a kid.

LOL! Thanks for your replies! The crisis is over! We found the turtle. She was buried, but not in the tunnel. We dug out the tunnel far enough where I could crawl in and look down both tunnels. She wasn't there, so we dug up the rest of the pen and found her near the house foundation!

All is well that ends well, I guess!

I'm glad to hear that all's well - how far did Hershey dig?

I'm glad to hear that all's well - how far did Hershey dig?
We dug far enough so I could crawl in with only my feet poking out. He had two tunnels dug. One went straight ahead and the other curved to the left. It's hard to say how long they were, but my best guess is that they were both at least 10 feet!
Sounds like the bunny and turtle had a good party at your house! Glad everyone is safe LOL!

Yeah, I better hire a babysitter to protect the house! lol!

What kind of enclosure is Hershey in when hes doing this digging? Id be scared be could tunnel out of your yard or something. Also, dont you worry about hawks and such if hes out there unsupervised?

When Hershey digs under the retaining wall he is digging into a 5-6 foot wall. I check all the time to see if he is coming out into the yard, but I have never seen any evidence of this.

As for hawks, half of the enclosure is under a deck, this is where he digs. The other half is fenced in. There is also fishing line running back and forth over top to keep out hawks.

Here is a pic of some of the enclosure. His tunnel is in the far corner:

Very cool! I wish I had an area outside for my bunnies to play, but we're right near the woods and its pretty open so they dont get out much.

Hershey must have so much fun digging!

Btw, I do put Hershey inside at night!

Also, if I'm out side and able to follow him around, I can let him run free in the yard! He doesn't go far, and like I said, I just follow him. After about 20 min. he gets tired enough that he lets me pick him up. It's especially easy to keep track of him when the chickens are also out. The rooster keeps a very close eye on him!

He was soooo cute when we were looking for the turtle! I started digging into his tunnel. He started running around and binking, then he came over and started helping me dig! It was so funny! His little butt next to me with sand flying out from between his legs! Then he'd stop and look at me, and start digging again!

Latest posts

Back