Whats Wrong with my Bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstyBaby_18

Reaction score
Can anyone help me to find out whats wrong with my rabbit? Shes lives with my boyfriend and he said lately it seems like shes been losing control of her bladder and bowels. My boyfriend usually puts her on the desk while hes on the computer and she just sits there. Except the other night he said he picked her up and there was a cectotrope (night poo) on the desk...And he said a coupel days later he had her out of the cage on a mat and she was justs sitting there for a few minutes and when he picked her up there was a few drops of urine on the carpet.

And now he just called me and said there is some white stuff on her fur around her genitals. He said it loks kinda gooey but he thinks its hard. And its whitish in color. And when he put her down and he was cleaning her litter box out, she charged at his hand and bit him! Not very like her!

Do you think there is something wrong with her? We really cant afford to take her to the vet right now. We got in a car accident a couple weeks ago (hit by a drunk driver) and my car was totalled. So i just had to buy a new one...

Im not sure if this would have anything to do with how shes acting, but last week my boyfriend had a candle going because there was a storm out, and Chevy decided to attack the candle so she picked it up and wax poured on her cheek and singed off some of her whiskers. She seemed fine otherwise - no burns or in pain or anything.

Thanks for all your help!! :D

You may want to change the colour of your font to something darker, as the light pink is quite hard to read...

But the white, think urine sounds like too much calcium in her pee. Or she may have a bladder infection, or bladder stones.

I don't know too much, so hopefully some one with more knowledge will help you out.

--Dawn

It does sound like something that the vet needs to look into. Is she drinking more than usual?

Pam

KirstyBaby_18 wrote:
Can anyone help me to find out whats wrong with my rabbit? Shes lives with my boyfriend and he said lately it seems like shes been losing control of her bladder and bowels. My boyfriend usually puts her on the desk while hes on the computer and she just sits there. Except the other night he said he picked her up and there was a cectotrope (night poo) on the desk...And he said a coupel days later he had her out of the cage on a mat and she was justs sitting there for a few minutes and when he picked her up there was a few drops of urine on the carpet.

And now he just called me and said there is some white stuff on her fur around her genitals. He said it loks kinda gooey but he thinks its hard. And its whitish in color. And when he put her down and he was cleaning her litter box out, she charged at his hand and bit him! Not very like her!

Do you think there is something wrong with her? We really cant afford to take her to the vet right now. We got in a car accident a couple weeks ago (hit by a drunk driver) and my car was totalled. So i just had to buy a new one...

Im not sure if this would have anything to do with how shes acting, but last week my boyfriend had a candle going because there was a storm out, and Chevy decided to attack the candle so she picked it up and wax poured on her cheek and singed off some of her whiskers. She seemed fine otherwise - no burns or in pain or anything.

Thanks for all your help!! :D

Here's a dark-font version of KirstyBaby's post ;)

-Greta

It does sound like it might be a urinary infection. Dribbling urine and painful urination are common symptoms (does she strain when she's peeing?), as is unusually chalky urine.

She does need to be seen by a vet. Maybe you could work out a payment plan? Or check this link for info on what to do when you can't afford vet treatment.
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12684&forum_id=10

I agree that a vet visit is in order. Perhaps the vet can work out a payment plan for you, or give you a discounted rate. This is definitely not something that can be diagnosed over the internet.

I also have a very hard time reading the lighter fonts. :shock:

Pam

Kirstybaby, I also wanted to let you know that when I had to take my Maisie in for an emergency, they let me pay part of it, and then pay the rest later on. So, I'm sure the office would understand. I've never encountered one that didn't. :)

Latest posts

Back