What type of Harlequin am I?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His breed is called Harlequin and his color is called Black Japanese. There are only two bases for Harlequins...Japanese and Magpie. Then there are colors to go with them. Japanese is a any color along with orange and Magpie is any color along with white. Yours is black along with orange so you have a Black Jap. The white is common among Japanese colors.

Sharon

Just to add....you can also find the Japenese Harlequin pattern found in other breeds of rabbits also. For instance - I raise harlequin lionheads - and I've seen harlequin mini rexes. I forget what other breeds I've seen them in.

I just adore the harlequin pattern and I like the harlequin breed too!

Peg

Ur rabbit is very cute.

Just a question... is mine a japanese blackalso? He looks a bit like the rabbit iconat the top of this site page. His eyes are black not red.
100_0229.jpg

100_0081.jpg

Yup, and this is also a good example of how this color (Black Japanese) can appear in a number of diferent breeds.

It could be a little confusing at first since Harlequin is a BREED as well as a COLOR, like Peg said.

~Sunshine

Metal_maiden wrote:
He looks more like a magpie, black actually... I don't know for sure though, he's really cute though!

Magpies have white as a base color -- they'll never have orange in their coloration.

Pam

Here's a pretty Magpie:

MagpieHarlie.jpg

I came acrossher pic once and saved it.

I think all Harlequins (and other Harlie-colored breeds) are beautiful. I WILL own a Harlequin-colored lop or Rex one day(or both!). :)

Pretty bunny!

How much does he weigh? I'm wondering if he might be a mismarked harli Dutch, with the white markings and all.

Definitely is a Harlequin (the breed).It is definitely not a harli dutch because the body style is not the same. Black Japanese Harlequins sometimes get white markings too.

Sharon

He's very beautiful, but rather small to be a purebred Harlequin. People mix all sorts of breeds with the Harli to get the japanese color pattern, so it's tough to guess exactly what your rabbit is.

Pam

Latest posts

Back