What type of flooring do you use?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertismygod

Reaction score
I'm currently using cardboard with towels & sheets above. It's comfortable for my rabbits, but I have to wash it every 2-3 days.

I want to get an idea of what everyone uses, maybe I will try something new, but I would like to get several ideas first.

What type of flooring do you use?

I paint pieces of plywood in marine polyurethane. Nontoxic and makes wood basically like plastic as far as cleanup and urine getting on it. Haven't had any chewing issues yet but you can get metal pieces for the edges.

akane wrote:
I paint pieces of plywood in marine polyurethane. Nontoxic and makes wood basically like plastic as far as cleanup and urine getting on it. Haven't had any chewing issues yet but you can get metal pieces for the edges.
Do you have pics of your cage? I'd like to see these floors of yours :) sound neat

I use coroplast with cardboard layed down for traction. They sell coroplast at sign shops. :)They also like to chew the cardboard. Keeps them busy :)

I have pics of this one level cage I made for guinea pigs going on 3 years ago now

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v244/aqh88/guinea pigs/new cage 2008/

I got tired of replacing coroplast every few years and I wanted something that would hold up to a bit of leaning from my akita. She was never in the room unsupervised of course but 80lbs of dog can accidentally crushed panels and coroplast very quickly. Since then the cage has seen chickens, both adult bantams wintered inside and for growing out full sized birds, and now it houses 2 mini rex does. Sterilizes and cleans just like plastic bottomed cages but far more durable.

I've used some thinner plywood to make floors on multiple levels but I don't have any pics.

Latest posts

Back