What kind of Lop is Annabel?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissBinky

Reaction score
So, I was hoping to have something clarified to me... I took Annabel to the vet's recently and she weighed 3.4lbs (or was it 3.2?) I was a bit surprised because I was expecting her to be around 4. She's not heavy butI guess her flouffiness fooled me. Anyway, the vet said her weight was fine. I've been thinking about it ever since though and it's been bugging me. She doesn't feel skinny or anything so I guess that's good.

Anyway, the point is, is she really a mini-lop and is she still supposed to be growing? She doesn't seem to be growing anymore. She's about 11 months now I believe?

She looks like a mini no?

131.jpg

133.jpg

130.jpg

I guess she could be a mix and that's why she's smaller... Just double-checking :p

No way to tell for certain if she's purebred, but she does meet the standard for a Holland Lop, and at 11 months is physically mature.

Pam

Yeah? The guy didn't know if she was a holland or mini.He played it safe and went with mini in case the weight bothered me... lol. (Many people ask for the smallest possible) I was wondering about the ears myself. Interesting! Thanks for the info :biggrin2:

MissBinky wrote:
Yeah? The guy didn't know if she was a holland or mini.He played it safe and went with mini in case the weight bothered me... lol. (Many people ask for the smallest possible) I was wondering about the ears myself. Interesting! Thanks for the info :biggrin2:

In the US Canada, a Holland Lop is smaller than a Mini Lop. Some Holland Lops have longer ears, although this is not desirable for show.

Pam

Latest posts

Back