What kind of bunny is this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emilybrooke

Reaction score
My sister bought this little cutie a couple of months ago.  These are some pictures that were taken around the time we got him, so he's a bit bigger now.

petey.JPG

petey2.JPG

petey4.JPG

petey6.JPG

petey5.JPG

He's adorable!  Could be a Netherland Dwarf or Dutch mix.  How much does he weigh now?  Any recent photos?  The Netherland Dwarf has a soft coat that does not lay flat on the body like the coarser Dutch coat does. The feel of the coat can help to determine breed origin.

Pam

Thank you!  I'm not sure, I haven't weighed him.  But I would estimate between 1-2 pounds.  He's still about that size; not much bigger.

His coat is also very soft.  I'm not sure about standing up or anything on him, but it's very soft hair.

If he's still that tiny, most likely a Netherland Dwarf.  The color would be called a chocolate BEW sport -- it's a coat pattern that resembles Dutch markings and is caused by the "BEW" (blue-eyed white) aka vienna gene.  (The mismarks may or may not have blue eyes).

Pam

Awwwwwwww!!!!! He looks like my Harper as a baby!! Harper's a dutch though, and your bunny has smaller ears, so I agree he's probably a netherland dwarf. What a complete doll!

He's got dutch markings like my boy though...

harper2small.jpg

Aww he's SO CUTE!

I'll post some newer pictures of him tonight so you all can see how much he's grown since then.  I'm still stuck on whether he's a dwarf or not.

Oh wow! What a sweet little rabbit. It looks to be soft and fluffy from those pictures, I would agree that it seems to be a netherland dwarf like pamnock says, although it is hard to tell a rabbit from it's baby pics.

Here are some pictures I took of him earlier today.

He loves his leash!

pete.JPG

pete2.JPG

pete3.JPG

pete4.JPG

pete5.JPG

pete6.JPG

pete7.JPG

pete8.JPG

pete9.JPG

pete10.JPG

pete11.JPG

he got a little tired towards the end there, as you can tell :)

meandpete.JPG

meandpete4.JPG

I love him! Haha :)

Sorry so many pictures. He's just so photogenic! :D :D

Latest posts

Back