What is a 'troll' and how should we deal with them?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
Good morning, everyone. I hope that I'm not overstepping my bounds.

As an addendum to Carolyn's insightful post of a week or two ago, Ifeel compelled to post this after reading certain other posts that havebeen made here over the last week or so.

Let me be direct. THE "TROLLS" ARE HERE.

In order to maintain the peace and pleasant atmosphere of the board Ithink that it is appropriate for all of us as members to be proactiveabout dealing with them. Carolynworks VERYDILIGENTLY to moderate the board and protect us all, but she is onlyone person and cannot spend 24 hours of her day here trying to put outfires.

Please read the links that I have posted very carefully and pay closeattention to the sections that detail how trolls should be dealtwith. HINT: If someonepostswhat seems to be a purposely unnecessarily sarcastic orhostile response to something that you've posted ... andevenmore telling, that poster is a NEW PERSONALITY to the board, you'reprobably dealing with a troll. I don't think that anyfurther commentary is necessary. Our core members here arevery intelligent and a "hint to the wise"shouldbesufficient.

Definition of "troll" on the Web:

An outrageous message posted to a newsgroup or mailing list or messageboard to bait people to answer. Trolling is a form of harassment thatcan take over a discussion. Well meaning defenders can create chaos byresponding to trolls. The best response is to ignore it. Also, theperson who posts such messages.
[url]http://www.walthowe.com/glossary/t.html[/url]

PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION IN THIS LINK. IT WILL ANSWER ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS:

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

As an aside, Carolyn, please excuse me if I've overstepped mybounds. As a member of this board, I just feel it's my dutyto do my part to help guard the wonderful community that we've builthere.

pamnock wrote:
Trolls thrive on a response -- ignore them and they shrivel up and die? :cool:

?

Pam

Truer words have never been spoken.

I threw out the trash, folks.

Those involved will know the post I am referring to.

-Carolyn

Mornin JessicaRabbit,

Actually I applaud the folks on the board. They handled it very well.It was obvious where it would go from there though, so there wasn'tmuch of a need to keep it going. It obviously wasn't interestinglearning from what we had to say.

-Carolyn

Trolls, funny word. When I hear that word I think of something evil and ulgy.

On another site that I have joined is neopets. And there are a lot of trolls. We don't call them trolls though.

TROLL: An ugly word for a 'dark' soul.

-Carolyn

Hi Tina,

Glad you caught that I warn you. Will continue to do so, subtly.

-Carolyn

P.S. I didn't ban it, I just deleted its post. It can return if it genuinely is concerned about rabbit care.

Latest posts

Back