what do you think??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jil101ca

Reaction score
I havbe been trying for a couple of months nowto breed my does. I have 4 does who were all due to have babies withinthe last week or so. 3 are now five days over, 1 has been rebred(maybe)2 that were due made nests. My flemish is now using her box fora bed. big sis has distroyed her nest by pulling everything out.littlesis never made a nest. I'm thinking that maybe my buck is no good. Igot him from a rabbit breeder and think she sold him because he can'tproduce. What are the odds of all 4 does not being caught by him??Should I start shopping for a different buck?

It sure sounds like the buck is not doing his job but it could also be

other issues that are causing the does not to settle.

Are you on well water? There was a breeder around here that

could not get his does to settle and it was something in the water.

It could also be the feed. A friend of mine could not get her does to

settle and had her feed tested. It was lacking in some nessacary vitamins

and the does would not take she changed her feed and had a much better

conception rate.

Roger L

I'd suggest getting a sperm count done at the vet to help narrow down the actual cause of the problem.

Pam

some good suggestions, I don't think it is theweather although now it is getting too cold,this has beengoing on since July with the same buck. i only have the one. We are onwell water and the water where i live is known to be high in sulphorand iron, I'll try giving them spring water. I'm wondering how the vetwould get a sperm sample from a rabbit? I will take him in though tosee because he is a nice rabbit. I've had him for 4 mths now and spentalot of time taming him down. He was terrified of people when I got himbut now lets me pet him and seems happy to see me.

Latest posts

Back