What breed is my little 4 year old?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baby Juliet

Reaction score
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6wr3hoz&s=1

6wr3hoz.jpg

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=80lkdgg&s=1

80lkdgg.jpg

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=86ouyaa&s=1

86ouyaa.jpg

Too cute! Maybe a Lionhead/Nethie mix? I almost see a mane around her neck. She is adorable!

i agree with the lionhead mix. I do have to ask though, does the nose qualify as vienna markings? Or would it have to have white on the paws as well? I am STILL trying to figure out those vienna markings :p

She really looks like a lionhead/netherland dwarf cross to me!

But with the white on the nose, it looks like a vienna marking. but vienna usually comes with white paws as well.

Maybe 1/3 lionhead, 1/3 netherland dwarf, and 1/3 vienna?

Cuteness overload! <3

-April

uhhhhh, there's a problem with that theory.....

Was the third parent a mommy or daddy? :big wink:

PixieStixxxx wrote:

Cuteness overload! <3

-April

Bo B Bunny wrote:
uhhhhh, there's a problem with that theory.....

Was the third parent a mommy or daddy? :big wink:

PixieStixxxx wrote:

Cuteness overload! <3

-April

It's one of the modern families, lol. Maybe a step parent, or a gay partnership?

Pixie, the vienna comes from the marking, so if it was carried by the parents, that would account for the colouring.

Aww so cute! I immediately thought Lionhead/Dwarf when I saw the pics.

PS. April, vienna is a type of marking/coloring and not a breed. :)

I tried to see pictures of lionheads but I could only find small pictures. Are lionheadsgenerally bigger than my rabbit? Most of the pictures are rabbits with really long hair and puffy.

Mr. Tumnus (the in the santa costume at the top of the page) is a lionhead and he weighs about 4 lbs, although I think he's a little big for a lionhead male.

I have a black mini-rex boy that has vienna mixed in (coloring), and he's just got a white spot on his nose (small enough that you can't even really see it in pictures) and hints of white spots on his back (they're so small I KNOW they can't be seen on film...unless he were sitting in bright sunlight). His pedigree has vienna marked buns in it...so it doesn't necessarily have to come out in the paws.

:)

It can also be mismarked and not carry the vienna gene but simply have a mismark.

Just a thought...

Peg

Ohh ahah, thanks Haley! I'm still trying to learn about the vienna markings. We had a beautiful vienna marked boy, but he got shipped to Petcetera before I got a chance to look at him.

Flashy - LOLZ! The bun does look like a beaver... =P

Haley wrote:
Aww so cute! I immediately thought Lionhead/Dwarf when I saw the pics.

PS. April, vienna is a type of marking/coloring and not a breed. :)

Oh she is adorable! :biggrin2:I love the little white patch on her nose. She looks like she has lionhead in her.

Flashy wrote:
How much does your bun weigh?

I'll have to weigh her but I think maybe 2 or 3 pounds. Maybe I can weigh her at the supermarket.

She's probably a lionhead. I've been looking into the breed on the web and I like her better. The double mane rabbits look a too furry for me.

Latest posts

Back