What breed is my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christa79

Reaction score
Got a new bunny today. He (I think) is around 6wks old.. and I don't know the weight since I doubt my bathroom scale would even register him. LOL.

The 4th picture is with him next to my other bun, Beans who will be 6mths old on the August 25th.

I can't lay them down next to each other because Beans automatically starts to hump the new one. So bonding will have to be done through cage until Beans gets neutered.

Please tell me what breed you think my new nameless (hubby wants to name it Weiners... Beans & Weiners) bunny is.

<click on pics to enlarge>

Because of the type of fur that the baby looks to have, my guess is a Mini Rex. The color looks like a blue. Hard to tell at this age.

Sharon

WHere'd you get him? he's really cute.

I have a mini-rex and he looks alot like my Bo did as a baby (just a different color).... is his fur the same as Beans? or is it more velvety? Weiners is a cute name LOL! or call him Pork ;)Which might actually work well because mini-rex tend to be little piggies LOL!

We decided on a name: Chili.. hehe.. get it.. Chili & Beans.. Chili beans...

Weiners was our top choice for a name but then I'd be calling him Weiney all that time and thats just abuse.. HEHE.

I got Chili at our local pet store, he came in as "assorted rabbits" so the ppl at the store couldn't say for 100% sure what exactly he was.

Beans & Chili get along fine.. even share each others food and eat out of the dishes at the same time. But it will be better when Beans gets fixed because he keeps trying to hump Chili. LOL

Chili's fur is not at all like Beans fur. Beans got long soft "run-your-fingers-through-it" fur. Chili's is short and soft..could be velvety. Not sure if their hair changes with age, like dogs do.

I never thought I would love having a rabbit (or two) as a pet so much. They are definitly one of the best pets to have. (outside of my precious doggy of course) .. ok, they are definitely the 2nd best pet.. hehe (IMO)

---------------------
Our Zoo: Kibby (Cocker Spaniel/Lhasa Apso), Pecca (Cockatiel), Molly & Sally (Ferrets), Beans & Chili (Bunnies) - 6 fish tanks incl. "Trout" (14inch ID Shark)

Latest posts

Back