What breed is my baby?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwhoosh

Reaction score
I'm sure she's a mix of some things, but I've never had any idea what kind of breed(s) she might be!

rilee004400x371.jpg

She has a broken ring around her neck that has changed shape since she was a baby.

ri01.png

Baby picture.

ri02.png

There's no ring on the other side and she has 2 front "sock" feet.

I don't know what breed she is, but she's lovely. She looks like a black vienna marking colouring though.

She's absolutely stunning! How much does she weigh? She resembles a Polish - they generally weigh under 3 1/2 lbs.

Pam

Thank you both for the compliments :blushan:

To answer your question Pamnock, she weighed 1.72kg (which I think is 3lbs. 13 oz. or so) when she was weighed in April. And she's about a year old this summer.

Shes gorgeous! On her baby photo she looks a bit netherland dwarf ish, and on the rest a bit polish (which makes sence as nethieswere bred from polish). Can I take her home?:D

~Bracon~ wrote:
Shes gorgeous! On her baby photo she looks a bit netherland dwarf ish, and on the rest a bit polish (which makes sence as nethieswere bred from polish).
Really? I didn't know that.

Wow! She definitely has some Britannia Petite in her! Her head shape is very similar to some pictures I saw, and she has some of their temperment.

Quote: One of the first things you hear about the Britannia Petites is, "how pretty but aren't they mean little rabbits?".

She looks cute (although this may be a biased opinion) but she's a little terror! She is conastanly getting into some form of trouble and is not really calm. I always thought I did something wrong with her, because my friends' rabbits don't misbehave as much as she does, but maybe she's part Petite. (hopefully, lol)

Wow ok there is quite a big difference between American and brittish polish, the american ones look a lot more nethie like ours look more dutch shaped

polly wrote:
Wow ok there is quite a big difference between American and brittish polish, the american ones look a lot more nethie like ours look more dutch shaped
That would probably explain all the confusion I feel when people say X looks like a Polish, and I'm like, HUH?!?!?!? but now I get it!

One of the easier ways I found to tell a polish is by the ears + big round hips (correct me if i'm wrong) but US polish buns are the only breed with ears that fit flush together when laid back or put verticle. The above link showed a perfect example of the ears.

She's beautiful and may have some Brit in here, but I would say she looks more like a Polish.

I did raise Brits and yes, they really are terrors. Mean little guys.

Back