what breed am I?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Heres some pics of my guy, Mr. Tumnus. Thats also him in my avatar. Ive been trying to figure out what breed the circles around the eyes would come from. He appears to be part lionhead because of the 'fro behind his ears. Any suggestions on if Im right and what else he could be?

Thanks!

Haley

Very cute! Could be purebred Lion. Breeders have used a number of different breeds to bring in the broken color - Holland Lop & Netherland Dwarfs are commonly used. Mini Rex, Jersey Wooly or Polish are other breeds that might have been mixed in. Dwarf Hotot is another possible mix.

Due to the type, I think a Lion/Holland Lopmix is likely.

Pam

Thanks Pam! I was thinking along the same lines....I first thought Hotot bc of the rings, but who knows. Hes so dang cute though. Just a little fluff ball!

The Dwarf Hotot has a lower head mount and very narrow eye bands. Most Dwarf Hotots are black banded, so the color of eye bands your rabbit has would not be common in the Dwarf Hotot.

The English Spotting (broken) pattern that the Holland Lops has also has eye rings, but much wider. Your rabbit's ears look a little too wide and rounded for a Netherland Dwarf mix, leading me to the Holland Lop speculation. The Hollands have been used for breeding Lions and also have the high head mount desired in the Lion. The Hollands have also been used to breed the Lionhead Lop.

Pam

I can't say what breed, but he sure is adorable :inlove:

p.s. I love his name :D

Latest posts

Back