week old bunnies - Question ???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat70

Reaction score
Hi,

My new litter is 8 days old , ive posted to pics on another thread.Anyway they are huge ! The nest is looking a bit sparse when i go to check they are uncovered as though they are out -growing it!

In the Uk now the hot weather seems to have left us for a while , its windy rainey and dare i say- Cold! I have been putting hay in the back of the hutch should i put some around the nest ? I dont want to upset mother bun.

The hutch is covered up on a night .The photo below was taken when they were 3 days old now they are 8 days old so if you can imagine 10 of them - i dont want them to get cold .I also dont want to interfere and upset mum.

Yes, you can add a little hay to the nest. Many does pull additional fur for the nest if the weather gets suddenly colder.

Pam

When dealing with litters and mama does - I do what seems "logical" to me - if it is something like adding extra hay or maybe some extra fur...and then I let mama take it away if she thinks it is too much.

I'll have to go check out the thread of baby pictures - I LOVE baby pictures.

Peg

Latest posts

Back