wednesday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
hello to all.

it's been quite hectic around my place, and i've only been able to skim over the forum from time to time.

i thought we were going to lose chippy last week.
last sunday she went into gi stasis fast and hard. by the evening she was so weak that she went limp when i picked her up. I didn't think she would make it through the night. she wouldn't even take food or liquid and let it run out of her mouth.
i planned to take that monday off, figuring she would be gone.
much to my surprise, monday morning i was greeted by a very active and hungry little bunny.
go figure.

i've been spending a lot of time with tootsie. she's really starting to warm up to me. the last two night i laid on the floor while she was out, andboth times she came over and kissed my face for several minutes.

Wow Jim - that must have been scary!:(I'm so glad Chippy is ok.:)

I'm on easter holiday (or 'spring break' as the teachers are now calling it due to us breaking up after Easter weekend;)) and I am sooo sick of revising!:grumpy:But I have my ASexams in (eeek) 5 weeks so until they are over I pretty much don't have a life. Bah.:grumpy:

I have, however, been colour-coding all my revision notes and making pretty mind maps which are now stuck up all over my room.:biggrin2:Anything to make it slightly more enjoyable.;)

Wow Jim, glad Chippy is okay! It's scary when things like that happen.

I had a got home last Friday nightand had a scare by Saturday night. Zoey stopped eating -- she wouldn't eat anything, not even yogurt drops. She couldn't get comfy, she was stretching out, getting back up, digging, then stretching out again. I could tell she was uncomfortable. I was bawling at the thought of losing her. It just brought back all the grief of losing Spice. Fortunately I didn't lose my head and I got some fluids and simethicone in her. After 3 tense hours, she bounced back to her old self but it really scared me to see her like that.

Reesie had her teeth done again on Wednesday and she spent the night inside with me. I really wish I could keep her inside all the time but I know I can't. And now I'm pretty sure Reese is deaf too. I accidentally dropped my hair drier on the desk above Reese's cage and she was relaxed and slightly sprawled and she didn't even twitch an ear. I've also noticed that if her bum is facing away from me and she doesn't see me, she doesn't react to my voice until I touch her, she sees me, or I open the cage (vibrations could be why).

Hope everyone is well.

(And yikes, I just realised my Moe-mon is 5 years old now!)

Latest posts

Back