We have babies!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
Yeah, finally after all our false starts we havebaby bunnies, Dorie has 3 one small and 2 a bit bigger all looking likebeach balls, thinking that was a good size litter for a nethie thenSquishy went and had 5 last night 3 nice big fat healthy ones and 2small looks like 3 black otters 1 albino and one silver (not sure ifmartin or siamese) and Evie has so far had one baby but she is not asused to us so just had a quick look to make sure it was alive it isquite big though so maybe has 1 more in there need to go back out andcheck.Poor Lucy had 2 kits but both stillborn.

I have one question though the 2 small ones in Squishys litter don'tseem to have big round tummies but Lucy had wee'd in her nest so it'snot clean and Evies kit looks quite big can any breeders give me anidea on what would be best for them please.:yes:

You could do one of several things..

Let mama try to nurse all the babies.

Let Lucy have two of the smaller babies to try and nurse (if she'llaccept them) - you'd have to clean out her nestbox. Did she pull furand stuff?

You could let the babies nurse off mama but take them to a foster mamafor additional feeding if mama doesn't seem to have enough milk...

A lot of it depends upon what you want to do and the temperament ofyour does. I know almost nothing about Netherland dwarfs....sorry!

Peg

Thanks Peg, i think Evie has more babies to haveas when my husband palpated her last night he thought he felt at least2 so can't use her yet. Lucy did pull but my husband cleaned her outtoday when i was at work and she hasn't rebuilt (sometimes they do) sono nest there and Dories kits are bigger and don't know if the wee oneswould get a look in might just have to take my chances with Squish butthe other two (Dorie and Lucy) have bounced back Squishy seems verylethargic and hasn't eaten much yet just some herbs and a bit of hay.Iam hoping she is just a bit tired from having all those babies i canhear her tummy rumbling every so often, she is giving herself a cleanso maybe caught her napping again!!

Latest posts

Back