We are only having one bonding problem...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxMontanaxX

Reaction score
Macey will groom Keiran, then she puts her head down for him to groom her. He puts his head down again for her to groom him again, so they just sit there headbutting each other until Macey gives in and grooms him.

Will this change? Is there any tricks to get him to groom her?

But other than that, bonding is going great!

Have you tried the squished banana on head trick? :p

It sounds mostly like they are still establishing who will wear the pants in the household and that once they have figured it out the grooming will be mutual. It's already great that Macey gives in instead of nipping. :biggrin2:

Also some bunnies just don't like to groom others. Dallas took months before he really groomed the others. He would do the occasional groom but for the most part it was Teresa. Than Connor joined and Teresa and Dallas came out of their shells more.

Yeah, I agree. Poppy never groomed Pebbles, and only started grooming Bruno once they were almost completely bonded. It might just take Keiran a bit of time :D. I thought Poppy would never groom another bunny, but she came around as their bond strengthened! Thank goodness for Bruno, who will lick pretty much anyone!

Savannah would groom Spank non-stop. Then she would place her head under his chin, and Spank would just sit there.

This lasted a few weeks, until Spank figured out that he had to do some work too =P

my guys do this too, Belle would groom sooty till he had no hair, but he does not groom her. She puts her head down to be groomed, and then he puts his head right next to her.

I never knew that mutual grooming was a problem with bonding,hummm maybe that is why she humps him alot?

Montana let me know what you do and if it works, maybe i will do something like that for my guys after the surgery.

I tried the banana thing, but he didn't care, haha.

Grooming from both isn't really a problem, it just kinda seems like it aggervates Macey some. And she's stopped the humping as soon as she got fixed.

Thanks for everybodys info! Hopefully time is all he needs.

He still doesn't groom her, but I guess Macey kinda accepted this after a couple days because she doesn't groom him as much anymore. But they still cuddle and stuff.

i know it's not exactly the same, but with my cats, Pickles is the one in charge(in a very big way!)and he grooms Prince all the time. but i've NEVER seen Prince groom Pickles. and they're fine, they act like brothers, so hopfully it won't be a problem. hope that hepled:dude:!

Anna

Latest posts

Back