Very Simple Question About Showing ...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikoli

Reaction score
I was just wondering a bit about showing ... Idon't do it, and I'm not really planning to, but just as a matter ofintrest, I was wondering a bit about Showing names?

Let's say your rabbit was called Snowy at home, and you decided to showher/him, in shows, would the rabbit's name be just 'Snowy' or would itbe something like 'Snowflakes Falling' or something like that?

Also, if showing names do exsist, do you have, like, a prefix orsuffix or something? like 'Mikoli's Snowflakes Falling' or 'SnowflakesFalling of Mikoli Rabbitry'?

This probably sounds like a stupid question to most of you :?. I lookedaround the forum a bit, and checked out a few threads, and I couldn'tfind anything to do with it anywhere.

Thanks!
-Rach & Ollie

In the US you use the tattoo number at the shows. The judges are

not suppose to know the names of the breeders. When naming

your rabbits you usually use the prefix of your rabbitry first and then

name the rabbit whatever you want to. Example Mikoli's Snowy.

If you did not breed the rabbit then you use the name that the original

breeder gave the rabbit.

Roger L

Like whatRogerLsaid. The judge only knows yourrabbit by the left ear tattoo. I know they do this in the US but Idon't know about Australia. If you were to have a show name it would beon the Pedigree.

Hope I helped!

:bunnydance:;)

I think you are thinking more of registerednames? Like in the dog and cat and horse world? Where they give themhuge names and then they have a call name. You can put whatever youwish as far as a name goes on the pedigree, IF the rabbit was born atyour rabbitry. When it comes to shows your rabbit is only known by itsear tattoo.

Julia

Here is an example of what I do. I like to givethem fancy names on thier pedigrees, so one of my Flemish bucks is SamI Am on his pedigree, and Sammy at home. Or it comes out in baby talk,like this: "Ooos my coote wittle Shammy, him's my boooy!" I never dothat when anyone else is around, though, so don't tell anyone I get sosilly over my bunnies! LOL

RogerL wrote:
In the US you use the tattoo number at the shows. The judges are

not suppose to know the names of the breeders. When naming

your rabbits you usually use the prefix of your rabbitry first and then

name the rabbit whatever you want to. Example Mikoli's Snowy.

If you did not breed the rabbit then you use the name that the original

breeder gave the rabbit.

Roger L
Here in aus most people don't tattoo, when your rabbit is vetted inyour given a number to place on your cage and that number is used forid instead of a tattoo. the rest is the same though.

Back