Veggies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Just a little question, I do believe I know theanswer but just making sure. I don't feed my rabbits treats often (I'vehad to ban my parents from feeding them all the bad human food theywere feeding) but if I was planning on giving them some, would lesssweet veggies be healthiest? Carrots I am sure contain a fair bit ofsugar and that's why they're sweet, but what about blueberries andbroccoli that are actually quite "bitter"? I would think that the onesthat are less sweet are naturally healthier for your rabbit as atreat,but just to make sure.

Greetings M&SMom,

Rather than feed the carrot, they go crazy over the carrot tops(greens), celery, radishes, beets (although they're sweat I know),dandeloin greens, parsley, kale, cabbage, basil, dark leaf lettuce,(like romaine), watercress, brussel sprouts, arugula. Tucker loves agarlic clove too. Broccoli's a great idea.

I'd stay away from too many berries. Blueberries are okay, but notlower on the sugar scale. One of my favorite things to giveTucker-Bucker is a strawberry (also not low in sugar, but a Boy's gottahave fun sometimes!). I love seeing a rabbit eat a strawberry,especially him because he's small in nature and the strawberry looksbig.

One time I saw a picture of a purely white rabbit. She wasbeaauuutiful, fluffly, gorgeous white, but she was eating a strawberryand she had the hottest red lips! I swear, it looked like she hadlipstick on. Tooooo cute!

:)

Good Job training your parents too! That was cute.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back