Update on Valura

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
You guys may recall that at the beginning of themonth we got a third bunny we called Valura. It was a tough transitionat first, but as of now, all three bunnies love each other and snuggleon a regular basis.

Valura had a rough time of it the first few days. She thumped her wayaround, completely avoiding the other two and was clearly scared. I wasthe only one she seemed to trust actually.It was veryhard with her and Abby, as you all may remember and I thought it'dnever happen where all three could be in the same cage.

Well, now my little Beauty Queen is fully adjusted. She is such adarling rabbit and I love her soooo much. She's gained a lot of weight,which she sorely needed. She binkies all the time, which I take fortotal happiness on her part. Also, we will lay on the floor, eye levelto them, and she AlWAYS comes up and gives us a nudge, wanting to bepet. On the flip side, when she's done being pet, she lets you know bypushing your hand away. By the third time it'll be a light nip. Veryadorable.

Here's a picture I took of her. It's a ratty old blanket we took frommy in-laws, which used to be a dog blanket. Now it's a Rabbit blanket,mostly Valura's, as she sleeps all sprawled out on it all the time.(It's a Smurf blanket, I couldn't resisit taking it when we moved). Youcan tell she's filled out in this pic. It's not the best or cutest,just the most recent.

AWWWShe's so pretty. I'm so glad she's adjusted to her bunny mates. There'snothing more satisfying than knowing she loves them, and they loveher.

Lanna

I am so glad that Valura is finallysettled into her new home. How lucky for her to have caught your eye atthe pet store! She looks absolutely beautiful!! I am so happy that sheis getting along with your other two now. I assume that you areplanning on keeping her, I know at first you weren't sure if it was arescue and find a new home for or a rescue and keep. I am glad itturned out to be a rescue and keep! Thanks for the update!

Fergi's mom

Oh, I could never give her up, not after all thehard work. Plus, all three buns are getting bonded with each other atthis point to break them up. I have my camera ready for when she'ssleeping on that blanket. It really is too cute.

She is so very cute. You should take a picture of all 3 of them. That really makes me want to get a second bunny.
:)

Stephanie, I somuch want to feel herfur! It just looks so soft! Sebastian's is sofluffy but Valura's looks so velvety (is that a word?) I'mhappy that she ishappy!

Raspberry

The picture of her is beautiful, but then again, any picture of herwill be because she's just so precious. Does she still favor mom overdad?

She couldn't've found a better home. I just love everything about her.Her attitude, her color, her looks, and her story of binkying and theblanket.
I look forward to many more Valura stories. Give her a big kiss for me.

-Carolyn

She does look like a cuddleable bunny! What a lucky bun to be rescued by such a warm pair of hearts =)

Glad everyone is all cozyed in together =)

Best wishes and love and binkies to the buns!

Stephanie, it's great that all three buns now geton so well - have you noticed Abby's behaviour being any differentsince she got spayed? You both did such a good thing getting Valura -such a special bunny family :D- Jan

Thanks everyone. She really is such a good bun bun to have around.

Raspberry: Velvety is the word and she feels just like it. I loooove running my fingers through her fur. She is just so soft.

Carolyn: She's still a Mamma's girl. :p I think because I spent/spendmore time with her than Dave has, not to say he doesn't but I'm homeall day while he's not.

LuvaBun: Haven't seen a big change with Abby yet, but there are stillhormones kicking around in there. We seperated her from the other tworabbits for a few days so she could heal up, so Valura and Chompersreally bonded during that time. Abby did go through a good day ofchasing Valura away and basically saying "leave me alone", but nowthey're grooming each other, sleeping together. Valura is learning fromAbby...and not all of it is good!

Latest posts

Back