Update on Picking Up!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan

Reaction score
Just to post a quick update on picking up the 2 of them.

Recap is I could not pick either of them up and everytime I tried they would struggle a lot and would not let me.

So far, I carried on trying by coming from the side, talking, and thenholding them around the shoulder area. they maybe struggle a littlebit. I then carry on stroking them with the other hand and speak calmlyuntil they settle.

Today I went a bit further. I scooped them up and held them against mychest in such a way that they couldnt scratch me if they started tostruggle, but to let them know that they are secure and wont fall. withmy free thumb, I carried on stroking and talking!!!! They stayedtotally calm.

I dont know how long they would stay like that so I am doing a little bit at a time.

I hope this could help anyone else if they are struggling with this!! :bunnydance:

Glad to hear that it's going well:). I thinkI'll try your technique. I need to get my bunnies more used to beinghandled. They hate being picked up and moved around, so this makes vetvisits very stressful (for the bunnies, me, and the vet:shock:). Thelast thing they need when they are sick is more stress.

Thanks for sharing:D

Latest posts

Back