Update on Coco....taken a turn for the worse

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey everyone, long time no post!

Well as Stephanie has said, Im finally getting my own Bunnies!
Two adorable girls that I have not named yet.

I like to name my pets after a brief period, as I always feel a name COMES to you from their traits, personality or otherwise.

Poor Coco is really a mystery as to what is happening to her.
Coco really needs to go somewhere where she can get the full time attention she needs to make a full recovery.

Her bald spot is hard as leather, as is her ear.
If I didnt know better, Id say she was burned, or something.
stephanie has explained to me this is how rabbit skin is.

Now her one eye can hardly open. It was the one that was swollen but the swelling has gone down. Its very read, with a crystaline stuff coming out or her eye. At the end of the day, its a very hard stuff. I remove it carefully with qtips and warm water.
If its an infectous disease, than wouldnt gator have gotten it by now?

no one else is showing a sign of this, and evern her other ear and eye are perfectly normal.
NO idea what gives, we are totally stumped.
I can only guess this has something to do with the new bedding we have put her in, the purple (or white) fluffy bedding. this is the only thing that keeps her bottom clean.
We are looking for a cage with wire bottom so her poop can fall through and not clump up on her.

Heck that could be it too, fecees in her eye or something.

On the plus side im looking forward to my first bunnies!
if anyone has any great ideas on wire type cage bottom for coco to keep herself clean, that would be great!

Nick- new bun owner as of...4 hours from now!!

Well Yesterday was Coco's 2nd Gotcha day!! She is such a little fighter. I love her dearly. Her and Gator have really become very close. Gator is a chewer If i could figure out how to do a cage for the both of them that would work for Coco and him I'd be able to let them live together I think that would be very good for her. She has such a hard time grooming.

Niko did get his baby bunnies today. I took at few photos while I was helping him make there cage. I'm sure he'll make a blog for them. We are have been together for 6months now and I've turned him in to a rabbit lover! He's really helpful with them and Gator has really come out of his shell with Nick's Help. He even groomed Nick the other day.

:biggrin2: Enjoy
l_7d5670d32f7e41859b4ce3380b354cda.jpg

Latest posts

Back