Umm ... Confused Rabbit ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvit73

Reaction score
Speaking of confused bunnies , I caught thelittle one having breakfast with the dogs ! He's eating puppy chow !Can this hurt him ? Does anyone else's bunny do this ?

Bug6.jpg

Bug7.jpg

Bug8.jpg

It is cute when they do things like that,however, they shouldn't eat cat or dog food. I keep my buns away fromthe cat food, because they were eating it too. I had to put up a babygate, but it's worth it.

Rabbit pellets are far better for your littleone, dog and cat chow contain far too much protein (ex. meat products)which buns do not need in that excess. I really liked the gate idea! Ihave a prison inmate mentality dog here, when he eats the girls have to*go home* or any wrong moves towards him whilst chowing down and hegrowls, so why risk what he might do past that?

Cher

Check the ingredients, it is probably a soy beanbased food. Maybe he thought they were chewbiscuits. He should not eat them thought. At leastyour dogs are well behaved.

Ed

Thanks for the replies , guys . I didn't think itcould be very good for him , but it's the first time I've caught himdoing it . Both dogs are very well behaved - in fact , both rabbits goright up to either dog , and lay their head down , waiting for a headgrooming . :)Jezebel's (larger dog) reaction to the bunnyeating her food , was to "groom" his bum . lol

I am sure not the best for bunny but got to admitits cute watching the bunny at the dogs bowl and the dogs just sittingback waiting. Probably thinking go ahead and eat but pleasesave some for me.

Cristy

lol At one point , all three were in the bowltogether , with Bugs in the middle ! Of course , that's when I ran toget the camera , and of course they had moved by then ! lol

Luvit73 wrote:

Look at the confused face on that poor dog! That's what my dog wouldlook like when he caught one of the rats (usually Jersey) nibblingaround his food. A sort of "what is THAT and why is it eating myfood??" sort of look! :D

Latest posts

Back