Tusseling???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Reaction score
me and my sister are currently bonding our 2 rabbits. we have been since about last month. they have been fine until this week. each time we have had a bonding session the always seem to tussle at least once. i am very confused because they have been fine the past few weeks. Please explain why they are doing this.THANKS!!!!:D

My girls do this too, but it's getting better. Remember to have a spray bottle set on stream with you.. good for ending tussles, then they will start to groom. I've heard that grooming is an accepting action, so grooming is good! When my girls tussle, I spray them to end it, say a stern NO and then put them side by side and cuddle both and sometimes give them some oats. My girls seem to do this when one of them nips, then the other gets upset and bats, then they start tussling. Remember to check both after to make sure there's no bites or bad scratches if it's a bad fight.

You could try shorter bonding sessions, and as they start getting better and better with each other, increase the time. I found I started with sessions too long (45 minutes- 1hr) in the beginning, and that's when I got the tussling. Now that I've been working on 20-30 minute bonding sessions, I rarely have a problem.

Hope this helps! Hopefully Buddy and Roxie's bonding sessionswill improve!

UPDATE: Last night we had a bonding seesion. There was a tiny tussle but my dad sparated it and the were fine the rest of the tim. They both did dead bunny flops. We didnt even use the spray bottle because i forgot.OPPS! we use a broom so it is strong

~Hannah

If you just separate them with your hands and say no in a stern voice, that should work fine. Just don't let on that you're stressed if you can, they'll pick up on it. Then, you won't need the water bottle;).

Sounds like it went pretty well, though. Good job!

Just be careful, it shouldn't usually get to that point if they're getting along like you say they were tonight. You can also use a board or something like that to put between them. Just don't let it get that far. Have you checked out the bunny 101 section on bonding? I just reread it myself yesterday. If you need the link, I'll be happy to get it for you.;)

Latest posts

Back