Tummy Rumbling???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunluv

Reaction score
I'm on hold with the vet right now, but I was lying on the floor with Weasley and his tummy started rumbling, just like ours does when we are hungry, he's eating and acting 100% normal, but I've just never seen/heard that before...what should I do?

Yikes, so sorry nobody responded!

First thing, don't panic! LOL! Bunnies tummies will rumble when they're digesting food.Gut sounds in a rabbit are GOOD. If you didn't hear anything at all, that would be bad.

Loud rumbling can bea symptom of gas, but he'd be showing signs of discomfort. If he starts pressing his tummy to the ground or sitting still but hunched over and generally uncomfortable, he may have gas.Just keep him active and all should be well.

If he does slow down, listen while gently shaking him, if he sounds like a half-full thermos, he may have a problem.

Otherwise, no worries.

Great to see attentive bunny slaves!

sas :)

I agree with Pipp...keep watching as you are doing. Our general feeling is long as it's going in properly and coming out properly....most likely things are good.

Randy

Latest posts

Back