Tuesday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
Hello all!

It's another rainy, cold, and dreary day here in NJ.
Nice day to stay home and snuggle with a bunnie, watch old movies, and drink hot chocolate.....or you could go to work like me.

A couple of nights ago, Chippy escaped. I was abruptly reminded of that this morning when I picked up the BIG bag of sunflower seeds only to discover the large hole Chippy had chewed in it. There I am getting ready to leave for work, holding the bag, and watching the seeds pour out onto the carpet. .....boogers!
I wonder what else she got into that I don't know about....yet?
Tonight is bunnie room clean-up, so I'll take a good look around.

Last night we had a bonding session with Brindle and Benji. It went GREAT!!! :biggrin2:
It really started out as free time for just Brindle, but Benji was so interested I opened his cage and set up the x-pen so they could be together.
They were together for over an hour and not one fight. They explored each others cage and pen and played chase/catch/groom/snuggle. All is good!!!

It's 75 degrees here and sunny! Just walked down the street for lunch and didn't want to come back in! It's supposed to be cold and rainy by Thursday, though. :(

I have to clean the house tonight - top to bottom. Out of town company is coming in the morning!

Congratulation on the successful date, Jim D! Sounds very promising. There's nothing like bunny love.

Penny and Shadow are inseparable. They are so sweet together.

Poor Snuggy is still mourning for Baby and doesn't want anything to do withother bunnies. :( I wish I could do something to make her feel better.

Snuggys Mom wrote:
There's nothing like bunny love.

The ins and outs of bonding bunnies. That must be the ultimate satisfaction when two fighting bunnies have a truce.

I amtaking some time out from bonding Pebbles and Bebe. The two have combat scars and need healing. No serious injuries, but the two really go at each others throat given the chance.

Snowed alittle this morning. It is cold enough that the snow will stick around.
The temp is 21*F and will be getting lows of 8*F. (-6*C down to -13*C).

Snowinga little?I should be in your part of the citythen!I couldn't see the car in front of me on the highway because it was snowing so hard and the blowing snow was so bad.

I went and picked up a used indoor cage (it's approx. 4' x 2' -- those ones you get at pet stores) that someone sold to me for $30. It is in awesome shape. Mind you it was filthy, the whole bottom was a pee stain but I let it soak in vinegar for a bit and it looks brand new again. Now I have a spare cage -- always necessary, especially at the rate bunnies have been coming into my home lately, he he.

cage.jpg

And I worked on bonding. When I clean out Mia's pen (Mia, Reese, and Aero are all in garage pens for bonding right now), I put her in with Reese because Reese is not at all territorial and they get on fine. They sit there chowing down on hay or pellets. I just can't put Reese in Mia's pen though because poor Reesie gets nipped at quite a bit.

miareeseincage.jpg

I guess one of these fews days snow will be in Ohio's forecast. Justhoping it stays decent for a drive to Michigan this weekend.

Although, I can't wait for the opportunity to watch snow cover the earth. Such a beautiful scenery.

Tonights excitement-- The parents hit1 of the 3 deer that ran out in front of them. Luckily, they were inthe Jimmy and not thesoft topWrangler. Minor damage but enough that it's noticeable and needsfixed.Luckily, we have ahunter in the family whowascalledto haul the deer off andsee what meatcould besalvaged.

It's that time of year for deer to roam across the fields. So be careful, although it's hard to say 'be careful' since once they pop out you have no control.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Snuggys Mom wrote:
There's nothing like bunny love.

The ins and outs of bonding bunnies. That must be the ultimate satisfaction when two fighting bunnies have a truce.

For two years i had to seperate Jack and Pippi..now they get along fine :?..so yeah,it is the ultimate satisfaction!

That sound's like a fantastic bonding session Jim :D

Awww poor Snuggy...give her a big big cuddle for me :)

Latest posts

Back