Trying to shred, or something else?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayonayz

Reaction score
Now that my summer is starting to settle down a bit, I've had more time to sit with my bun, and let him run free while I do other things. This usually involves my bed, as my floor isn't bunny-proof yet, what with all the books and wires that need to be put away. I provide a small litter box so he doesn't poop or pee everywhere, and it's working out really well. He has a blast romping around the pillows and blankets, and even the odd shirt or sock left on the bed. I noticed, though, he seems fond of 'digging' as well as nibbling. He tugs on fabrics a lot, and I'm a bit nervous he might be trying to shred or even eat the fabric, which I'm not sure is the case, since he has a soft ball in his cage (which is used to relieve his sexual tension, heh.) I noticed he nibbles on the ball, and I'm always very careful he isn't actually eating it, and he isn't. At one point, at the very beginning, I was so paranoid he was eating the ball I took it away for a few days until I was sure he hadn't eaten any of it.

So this digging and tugging, it's as if he's re-arranging the items, almost as if the bed is an extension of his cage, which he LOVES to change up every few days on his own.
Could it be he's fixing his surroundings, or is there something else I just haven't thought of? Anyone else experience anything like this?

Thanks!

the digging , the tugging and the rearranging is all a part of what a rabbit will do if spending anytime in one place.
many times they will also 'chin" everything marking it as their own.
What your bun is doing to your bed sounds like normal bunny behavior.

Latest posts

Back