Trying to get my 3 bunnies to bond-any advice appreciated..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blonde

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Ok i am trying to bond 3 of my bunnies since reading some of the techniques on this website..i dont know if its going well or not so i will tell you what's happening and you can perhaps tell me if its good or bad....ok well i have 2 desexed female lops and a straight eared cross young bunny, he is only about 3 or 4 months, the desexed girls Elfin and Mishka are sisters and already bonded and they are about 7 months. So i have set up 2 large cages side by side to separate them at nite, and i have put them in together about an hour ago and they did a lot of thumping, and the boy who is Benjamin kept running away from Mishka who is the dominant one of the sisters. Anyway after about half an hour they started to move around and smell eachother, but it was mainly Mishka & Benjamin, & they did have little tiffs where they would run in a circle's and chase eachother but i kept squirting them and they stopped. Anyway Benjamin then after gaining confidence started humping Mishka-he did it over 25 times and he humped Elfin 3 times, he even humped Mishka on the head-i take it this is a dominance thing? Anyway some of the times Mishka will let him do it but other times she wont and she will chase him in circles and i will have to squirt them..i have just separated them in side by side cages...i know its early but is this a bad sign or a good sign of whats happened, i am very anxious about it...sorry that i rambled...

If the little male rabbit is not neutered then none of this will progress beyond him humping the girls...
you didn't specify if he was neutered yet; if not I would keep them close to each other but not with him. he is too hormonal to have too much control over himself....

No he isnt neutred yet as the vet recommended we do him at 5 months and he isnt quite 5 months, but i am ringing on Monday to see if i can get him done earlier. Thanks for that info on the humping, i will leave them side by side til i get him neutered.

Latest posts

Back