Trying new pet stores

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayen

Reaction score
Usually I'm very wary of going into those random little pet stores you see in strip malls along the side of the road. I figure it's going to be horrible or there's going to be only dog/cat food and maybe some generic small animal pet food.

I saw one while I was driving in the city a few months back and eventually went inside today. I was pleasantly surprised to see how nice it was. What animals they do have are in fairly appropriately sized, clean, closed-off enclosures. They take in used pet supplies so they have tons of neat cages for fairly cheap, and even decent-sized rabbit cages which I never see in any pet stores. There was one that had three large levels with ramps that connected it all together, if I didn't have a giant cage already, I would've bought it in a heart beat, it was really nice. They have kittens from rescues that have already been neutered/spayed. And they have local small animal supplies, so I was able to get a fairly large bag of timothy hay for much cheaper than I've seen elsewhere. The best part about the new hay is that Briar loves it and she's so picky about her hay!

It was quite refreshing to walk into a pet store I didn't spend my time twitching and leaving aisles in order to avoid getting lectures from the employees. I'll definitely be going back there in the future! Especially with how cheap some of the bird toys were that look like nice additions to the rabbits' cage.

Now if only all little independent pet stores were like that. I would go to them way more often. I like a store that has things for all of my pets instead of just focusing on the more popular cats/dogs. Honestly, if I wanted cat/dog supplies all I'd have to do is close my eyes and walk in a random direction, every store sells stuff for them.

It was a good day! Found a new pet store I can go to and I found the prettiest new tea pot and even matching cups for it. (not that I need more tea pots, but it's way bigger than my old ones and even has practical sized cups that won't turn into pet food dishes in the near future!)

Back