Trails End Blog 2009-10

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trailsend

Reaction score
I did start a new blog early in 2009 but I really wanted to start fresh, especially now that I'm better with the picture thing. I was still figuring it out then :)My first blog is in my avatar. I haven't been around much lately, but with winter coming things will slow down and I'll havemore time to spend on RO, at least in the evenings :)

For those of you who don't know us, my name is Donna and Trails End is the name of my Rabbit Sanctuary. We take in mostly old and special needs rabbits, when we can. We have a 700 acre farm, which is mostly bush. We have a big animal family, all of whom are our kids. We have two horses, a Llama, sheep, goats, chickens, two turkeys... We have 4 dogs, six Kakarikis, and also 2 Prairie dogs. Everyone here just basically eats, sleeps, plays, and enjoys life.

I hope I'll be able to add to my blog more often and visit with all my friends on RO, one of my favorite places and groups of rabbits (and people too! :))

OK moving along..... All of our kids are doing great. I lost two very special bunnies this past spring.

MyRae Rae who was about 10-11. We've had her for three years. She was a super special little bunny and it broke our heart to see her go.And I lost my 10 1/2 year old Nibs, the rabbit I've had since he was a baby and whom was found in a trash can in Toronto. He passed peacefully, and I knew it would come, but my heart is still broken. Having him with me all those years the sense of loss is very overwhelming. Since I take old rabbits, often they spend a year, or maybe three with me. But 10 1/2 is a long time and he was just.... part of me. But his spirit will live on through me and I will do as much as I can for rabbits, forever.

I got a tattoo - my first, of Nibs this past summer in Michigan. I didn't even have to think about it.

Here is my Nibs,

007-9.jpg

And my tattoo - this was taken about 5 days after so it's still red. I don't have a new picture of it all healed, although I need to get one.

072-6.jpg

Here is Rae Rae, I think some of you that have read my blog will remember her. She is in my avatar also.

006-3.jpg

Our most recent rescues came yesterday, along with a 2day old baby goat I picked up. He was going to... well, not be around for much longer, so now he has a chance at a really good life if he makes it. At this age it's so hard. However after one bottle feeding he was ready to go, and eat everything he can lol.... so it's looking good for him! We took in 4 rabbits from a woman who is about to loose her farm. 2 Flemmies, and a Netherland Dwarf... also a bunny that looks a lot like on of Amy (undergunfires) bunnies. I'll get pictures. The boys are all already neutered which helps. The female Flemmie is bonded to the Nethie (my first ever) and the other boy - it's really adorable. Larry the big white Flem lives on his own. Maybe he'll bond to one of my guys. He's very, very overweight though, don't you all think? I have Flemmies, I know they are big buns, but Larry has layers of fat on him. He's a sweetheart though. When I weighed him today, it said he's over 25 pounds. Leaving some room for error, still a wee bit heavy. Mind me, still in my PJ's, no sleep from worrying and bottle feeding Buckwheat the goat all night...

002-5.jpg

also here's Buckwheat last night trying to get his first bottle into him....

016-2.jpg

this one cracked me up... not another one mom!

025-1.jpg

029-2.jpg

That's it for now... almost time tofeed Buckwheat again and thenget some sleep.More bunny pictures to come! :biggrin2:and after all my work I hope this post works! lol

Latest posts

Back