Toddler Stage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
Violet is aproxx. 15 weeks old(i got her a about 12 weeks and it's been 3 weeks since then.)and i think she's gotten into a 'Toddler stage' if it can be called that. she's tasting my clothes, is a bit wriggly and she looks a bit bigger than when i got her. is there any wayto get her to stop nibbling my clothes(and the carpet and the mat under her play pen and the papers(on the sofa, on the floor, ect.) and anyting else she can get her hands(er, paws, i mean.)on!)?

Thanks! Anna
Edited to add: i've got a blog for Vi titled 'Adventures Of Violet(and pickles and Prince)', just FYI:biggrin2:

I wouldn't call that 'Toddler Stage' I would call it 'Adolecence'. She sounds like her hormones are kicking in, which will make her do those things (the tasting toddler phase would have been about 2 weeks old, ish).

If she is doing it for attention don't give her any positive reinforcement or any attention at all when she does something. Don't look at her or react,just pick her up and move her. You may have to do this alot, but some bunnies are canny and learn if they do X, then Y will tell them off and they will get attention and be happy.

If they are doing it for the sake of it, try a sharp 'no' or something similar. Some people use a water sprayer.

The best thing to do is to bunny proof the hosue so she can't chew the car[et and stuff, i.e. only let her play in certain areas. also try giving her lots of new and interesting toys and rotate them around so each time is new and fun. Try hiding hay or treats inside things so she has to find them, keep her stimulated. Maybe try giving her a digging box with sand or untreated dirt inside (make sure it is surrounded by something like newspaper so that it doesn't matter when she throws it over the edge).

Some bunnies stick with this behaviour, but it should curb when she is spayed. Have fun, you are in for a ride!

Back